Chapter 1- I Will Not Forget You

1 year and 6 months later...

Matt's POV-

"Are you ready to go?" I ask Chris and Kelly.

"Yeah, the babysitter is tucking the kids in now," Kelly replies to me, "let's go now."

"Okay."

After I say that we all head out to the driveway where my car is parked. I unlock the car and we all go into it, with Chris to my left and Kelly behind me. The mood is already darkening as we head to our destination and because of that there is no conversation. A few minutes later we arrive at our destination and are walking out of my car. The bright fluorescent lights illuminate the hallways that we walk in for what seems like an eternity. As we walk down the hallways we pass by a small shop where we buy a small bouquet of flowers with a vase. Kelly carries it and a few moments later we arrive.

"Cassandra," I let out a small sigh as I say her name.

We all walk into the room and I feel a tear fall down my face as I look at her. She is lying down in the hospital bed still with tubes running through her body. The only sound in the room is the soft beating of her heart which is amplified by a machine. Her eyes are closed and her mouth appears to almost be smiling. She looks so peaceful in her current state that I am almost able to trick myself into believing that she is merely sleeping.

This is all my fault, I think to myself, this is all my fault.

"Can I get a moment alone with Cassi please?" I ask Kelly and Chris. They nod understandingly and then go out into the hallway. Then I sit down in the chair next to Cassi's hospital bed and put my hands on top of hers.

My voice starts to shake as I start, "Cassi, I don't even know where to start. Wait, now I know where to start. I miss you. It's crazy how much I miss you. I want you to come back for me, I mean us. I would be selfish if I asked you to come back for me."

I take in a deep breath as a couple of tears run down my cheeks then continue, "I've been such a dick head for not visiting you since you have been in this hospital. I guess you could say that I was too scared to visit you after the way things were between us before you left. I'm so sorry about what I did that night. There is not enough apologies that I could give you to help with my guilt."

"Even if you forgave me I don't think I could ever forgive myself. I should have never jeopardized your relationship with Dom like that. It was an incredibly stupid thing for me to do. I still remember the day that I told Dom about what happened that night between us. I swear he wanted to chop my bullocks off and then murder me viciously. I would have deserved it though."

I pause for a moment to wipe my face, which is wet from tears. She may not hear me but I know that I have to tell her all of this. This is the only way to get all of this off of my chest.

After staring at her for a while I say, "I am very aware that there is no possible way that you can hear me but if you can, please come back. Dom needs you, Chris needs you, I need you. Hell, everyone needs you. I never had the chance to tell you this but ever since you came into our lives things have changed for the better. Everyone you meet is affected by you because you're an amazing person that deserves to be happy with the man that she loves."

"Speaking of your love, even though you never told Dom we all know that you love him. So if you're not willing to come back for anyone else please come back for him. And if you ever do come back then please don't worry about Kate and I's problems. I understand that you want to help and you are sad that I'm hurt but last time I confided in you about Kate and I, well you know what happened. So I think it would be for the best if you just tried to stay out of it. I want to try to talk to her but I still haven't after all of this time. I think it would kill me if I saw her if I wasn't ready."