Chapter 15

Authors note you guys are awesome. Anyway onward we shall march. This is a nice little.chapter about healing and strengthening tthe loyalty these two have. also just a little.clearing of things. Thranduil didn't really save her cause he loves her or even likes her at the moment. He did it because he respects her and he was having some memories of when his father was killed in battle. I think he has a strong protective instinct toward people he considers worthy of it and also those who are in close relation to him ex son, soilders under his command, battle partners. She was his battle partner. Sound corny when I say it that way but it was their way to optimize the elves and the skin changers abilities. Animals only have natural weapons and sulfide on their side. The elves helped minimalize deaths on their side and the animals had extrasensory abilities to look out for.their buddies backs. Sorry for the long note. :) Read and hopefully enjoy.

Scars we shall bear

Smells of the dead, dying, and wounded tingled her nose. The taste of a cotton dry mouth. The feel of the cool late autumn air raising indiscrenable hairs on her exposed skin. The crisp masculine smell of fallen leaves in autumn with a touch of frost drifted to her now and again.

The sounds were the worst. Whispered words of comfort. Cries of pain. The sound of heartbeats stopping and the crows calling for more dead to feast on were all acutely enhanced. All of this made her open her eyes to the murky sunlight cutting through the dim tent.

She noted the royal seal upon the tents side. Embolized Bolshevik by the light behind it. Why was she afforded the honor of being here. She had not only risked her life but her fellow warrior and ally. A king in his own right. She had let her rage get the best of her.

She looked over to see the small cot near hers. Upon it lay the king. His hair was the first thing she noticed. He had such beautiful hair especially for a male. And even for a male elf it was still beautiful. It seemed to shine regardless of lighting.

His bandaged side was the second thing she noted. The satin of blood seen faintly through the bandages caused her to cringe. His breathing was normal and his skin seemed unfevered. She was thankful for that.

His face was turned away from her hiding the horrendous scar. Horrendous only in her mind imagining how painful it must have been. Besides that she gave it no thought. He hid the scar from the world. Why? What did he hate about it so much that he felt the need to hide it.

Her mate was beautiful if a male could be called beautiful and still not be imasculated because of it. He was perfect masculine beauty. Scar and all. His chest was bare besides the bandage. His muscles were stretched out over his frame and defined. No part of him was soft besides his hair. Even that seemed forbidden to be touched.

She sighed when her eyes once more found the bandage. She could heal him. Feline skin changers had no miraculous healing ability. All skin changers had was the ability to give a portion of their life forces to heal someone. It was only felines that could choose to take it or give it. Canines were best at utilizing their own life force to heal their own wounds. Bears well were much better at giving their life forces.

Felines were far better at taking it. It was a secret that few outside their kind were privvy to. It was a last resort. Felines were feared for this reason more so than other skin changers. She had often found herself wishing to be able to utilize her own life energy to heal her own wounds. In this instance she was glad to be able to give hers to him.

'I did wrong and so I must fix it.'

She was stiff and weak. She managed to get off the bed and drag herself over to where his face was turned. Normally permission was asked beforehand. In this instance it could be forgiven.