Chapter 15~

POV: Caden

"Is she my Prince?" Edwards's questions. He is prepared to set up guards outside her parent's room.

Dammit. Growling I tear my hands from hers. Storming out of the door the little hope in my chest diminishes.

Ignoring the ruggedly dressed young man who bumped into me on my way out of her door, I head towards the last females door. Anger pulsing through my veins.

Only two more females. One of them has to be her. Being wrong would destroy me. I need her to calm me down. I need her in my strong arms. To feel her soft skin under my fingertips. My heart pumps in my chest. Tingles shoot down my fingers. The desire in my blood rises in hope of finally seeing her with my own two eyes. Dreaming about how she looks isn't enough anymore.

"Mother, father any news?" I beg slightly. She is giving me the run around on her birthday. This should be the easy part. Feeling my heart beat speed up, I await my mother's smooth calming voice.

"It's not her Caden. Her mate barged in the door minutes after we arrived."

Dammit!

"That means it has to be Claudia. Crystal had no effect on me and I believe her mate ran past me as I left her room." Snarling I feel Marcus pushing through. He isn't in high spirits. As of right now all he wants to do is throw her down on the ground and claim her as his in every way possible. There will be no doubt in our mind about her carrying our child by the next day.

"We will meet you there." My mother replies. I run towards Claudia's door before my mother stops talking.

"Jason!" I holler.

"She isn't here Caden." He said with worry.

"What?" No, it has to be her. There is no other female born on this date who lives in the castle. Her letters say she lives here. Did she lie?

"Her parents and brother are in the room that is it," he says annoyed. "As I am not a royal, no information is leaving their lips. If Claudia is your mate, they aren't revealing it."

Kicking the door down, I storm my way towards the middle aged man. "You will tell me where she is or else I will lock your wife and son down in the dungeon with the rogues." Picking him up by his throat I let Marcus show himself in my eyes. "If you think about lying I won't be held accountable for my actions."

               "Caden calm down. If this is your mate's father you do not want to hurt him. She will despise you if you do." Registering my mother's words I drop the older man to the floor.

               "Speak." I command. "This isn't the time to hide information about your daughter."

               "Your highness please do not hurt my family," begs the women hiding in the corner.

               "Come out to where I can see your face." Keeping my face calm I try not to rip these servants in half for denying me what is rightfully mine.

The shadows disappear and within seconds the air is pushed out of my lungs. "You!" Storming towards her I clasp her shirt. "She is your daughter?"

Fury builds up in my chest at her simple, but slow nod. "How dare you lie to me? She is the one who screamed in my room that day, wasn't she?"

"Yes."

"How did she hide from me? I entered that room moments after her scream vibrated the walls," I demand with anger.

Her eyes burn holes into the carpet. I am her Prince dammit! "Give me the answer's I've been without for eight years." Could she have found a secret tunnel to my bedroom? Is that how she escaped?