Chapter 25 - "I thought three was a crowd?"

Start from the beginning

The way she said it, urg I just wanted to jump on her face. I forced a smile on my face. "It's fine." I bent down and picked the bag of popcorn, without any help from Kate. 

"So what are you doing here? On a date or what?" Kate asked arrogantly.

"Yep. I'm actually here with Harry." I answered her putting emphasis on Harry. If Kate was always trying to get in our way, now was my chance to make sure she knew how close Harry and I really were. 

"Really? Wow, well that player really knows how to get his game started now doesn't he." Kate said staring at her phone, trying to ignore me. 

"Excuse me?" 

"Yeah, that player first starts off doing all these romantic things for girls and then drops them like a rock. Trust me, I know from self-experience. No need to get all lovey-dovey and excited, the same is just going to happen to you along with the billions of other girls." Kate finished with a smirk and  popped her gum loudly.

I knew that wasn't true. She was just trying to suck me into her trap so I could leave Harry. I don't know why she wanted this to happen so badly but I knew this couldn't be true. Or was it...?

"Okay thanks for that. I'm sure I'll need that advice." I answered her sarcastically and turned away from her.

"Oh my god!" I jumped from her annoying chirpy voice.  "Harry! You're here too?!" I turned back around and saw Harry standing in front of us. She was looking at him beaming those evil seductive eyes. 

Harry looked up startled. “Hey Kate! This is a surprise," He told her as he handed me my ticket.

"Yeah I know! Rachel and I were just catching up, we bumped into each other here and she needed my advice on what to wear for tomorrow's party! Right Rach?" Kate nudged me waiting for me to agree. I cringed at her calling me "Rach."

"Um, Yeah." I said hoping that actually sounded as un convincing as I wanted it to. 

"Well then, how about you join us? Oh but if you're alone of course!" Harry offered.

I wanted to just pull him away. But I stood there and groaned quietly. How could he invite Kate? Of course he just wanted to be nice, but still. This was just supposed to be our date. Just Rachel and Harry, not Rachel, Harry and Kate. 

"Oh sure! I would love to." Kate answered eyeing me with an evil grin, completely aware of how much she was irritating me. This was what she was wanting the entire time. 

"Okay, Kate how about you come with me and grab a ticket. Rachel, why don't you head on inside and find us some good seats now would you?" Harry asked pulling out his wallet again. 

"Yeah, of course." I replied furiously. 

Kate sneered.

I stomped away, but did as Harry said. I was so angry, I would have even left by now, but then there would be the questions I would have to answer to Harry later on. I may as well stay and enjoy the movie since I was already here. My eyes trailed the floor while I mumbled curses under my breath and imagined murderous scenarios that I could someday pull on Kate. This was a bad idea considering how clumsy I was and how important it was for me to be looking where I was going. I bumped into someone, again and even fell to the floor this time.

"Ouch! I'm so sorry, I----ZAYN!" I beamed with happiness once I saw his face. I had never been so happy to see someone in my life when I was so pissed off at the same time. He had a huge smile on his face as well as he helped me back up on my feet. 

"Wow this is weird!" He replied shocked as well.

"Are you here by yourself? Or finally got a girl...besides Maria." 

"Oh how I wish! That girl is fine" I glared at him, "And she has a boyfriend." He made sure to add and I smiled at him with a nod.

"But no, I'm here...forever alone." He pouted.

I laughed but I suddenly switched back. I had an ida...if Harry could invite Kate to our date just to be nice, there was nothing wrong with me inviting Zayn to our date, just to be nice.

"How about you come with me and Harry! It would be fun, the three of us." I exclaimed, proudly thinking of my idea.

"Hmm, yeah I guess it would. It's nice of you to want to invite me onto your date, but I'm sure I wouldn't be third wheeling, Kate's here as well isnt she?" Zayn winked at me catching me in the act. 

I sighed, "What gave me away, did I sound too chirpy and excited?"