I Love You To The Moon and Back (A Bethany Mota and Connor Franta Fanfic)

• Dedicated to Bethany Mota

Chapter 1:
I flutter my eyes open and sit up. The first thing my eyes see is the sunshine streaming through my windows. I smile as I see Winnie jump onto my bed and start to lick my face, and I can't stop the giggle that comes out of my mouth. I stand up, put on my slippers and walk into the kitchen. My still slightly closed eyes manage to find my phone and I check my calendar. A huge reminder pops onto my screen: BONFIRE TONIGHT.

Chapter 2:
Bonfire? What kind of bonfire? I see my mom sipping her coffee in the living room, and my dad reading the newspaper at the table. I sneak past them into my room and plop onto my bed. I knew who was gonna be there. A lot of famous YouTubers. And Connor Franta was one of them.

We kinda have a little story. Okay, here it goes. When we were little, we went to the same school. Reminder that it was middle school. I liked him a lot but he didn't like me, so I stopped trying because I didn't wanna look desperate. Then all that bullying stuff happened and I ended up being home schooled. I got over him. But whenever we see each other for YouTube events it's always awkward. We try to carry on maturely, but I feel like he's not being himself around me.

The rest of my day consisted of getting some new video ideas together. I even replied to some of my Motavators on instagram. Then, when the sun went down, it was time for me to go to the bonfire. I showered and got dressed, did my makeup and hair, and slipped on my shoes. The car ride there was horrible. The only thing I could think about was Connor Franta.

Chapter 3:
I felt the wind blow my hair in all directions. It was a typical Friday night in California; orange sun setting on the horizon, waves crashing along the shore, seagulls making their way home, but why did I feel so strange? My heart was racing almost as fast as the car next to me. But I tried to relax. I took deep breaths and realized that I could get through this, no matter how agonizing it would be. I took a sip of my Starbucks and pulled into the parking lot of the beach. I put a smile on my face and approached the fire pit. I met Cimorelli and a lot of other great YouTubers. But still no sight of Connor. The sun fully set, and it was time to get the fire going. I sat next to Meredith and we both made s'mores. I was having a great time, and to my luck, Connor didn't show up. We watched the shooting stars and laughed and talked, until someone tapped me on the shoulder. "Hi, Bethany"

Chapter 4:
I quickly turned around, and there he was. His green eyes met mine. I couldn't move, breath, or talk. It was like we were the only two people in the world. I snapped out of it. "H-hi, Connor." I tried to smile like I was happy to see him, but really, I wasn't. He caused me so much trouble and I just didn't wanna get caught up in that again. But somehow I can't get my mouth to say goodbye.

He smiled back with that smile that could make any heart melt. "You look great," he said.

I blushed and said, "Thanks... It's been a while, huh?"

He nodded and replied, "Yeah. I-I've missed you."

Our eyes lock and I almost think we are having a moment, until Meredith comes up next to Connor and says, "Oh hey baby, you made it." She wrapped her arms around him and kissed his cheek.

No. This cannot be happening. Meredith and Connor? How did I not know about this? I feel like I've been stabbed in the ba- no, the heart, a million times. She was one of my closest friends and I can't even- ugh.

Connor looked at me, his eyes almost saying "I'm sorry." He said, "Hi, Meredith. Glad to see you here."

She cuddled into his arms and looked at me. "Oh, Beth, you know Connor, right?" I nodded and said, "I'll leave you two alone..." Connor quickly said, "Wait-" But Meredith objected. "Oh, okay, I'll see you later!"