Loving A Vampire Chapter 18

Loving A Vampire

Chapter 18

I spent the rest of the day trying spell after spell and Kaleb spent it worrying about me hurting myself or braking down the whole Crypt. When night came I was exhausted and fell down on the bed.

"You are really something else" Kaleb stated taking my hand in his, I think he was relieved that I finally gave up experimenting.

"Yea? What are you going to do about it?" I teased.

"Oh you asked for this" Kaleb said grinning at me. He pushed me back on the bed and started tickling me until I couldn't laugh anymore.

We kissed and cuddled and made love until we were both so tired that we fell asleep. I haven't had any dreams or nightmares since I rescued Kaleb but tonight was different. As soon as I fell asleep I started dreaming. It was dark outside and there was a full moon glowing in the night sky. I was in the same field filled with black roses that I've dreamt of before.

I was just walking around peacefully smelling the roses, their scent was intoxicating and I felt lightheaded. I saw somebody in the distance and felt myself getting exited at the idea of seeing Kaleb. As he came closer I could make out his snow white hair and piercing blue eyes. Even in my dreams he was the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen. I ran towards him closing the distance between us in a split second thanks to my new vampire abilities.

He looked just as happy as I was to see me and pulled me into a huge hug. I let him hold me in his arms for a few seconds and then pulled out of the hug to admire his God like beauty but what I saw scared the crap out of me. Kaleb's face were turning into a bunch of mangled features and then took the shape of the person I feared most, Virgil.

I screamed an ear piercing scream at the sight of him and started backing away not taking my eyes off of him.

"Hello Chelsea" Virgil said as the field around me started spinning causing the roses to fly around me and turn into clouds of blood which was bursting and soaking us both.

"What do you want?" I asked trying to stay in control instead of freaking out.

"I want Kaleb buried in a grave and you at my side" He said with a sly smile on his face while the blood kept raining down all around us.

"That's never going to happen!" I shouted feeling angry.

"Oh, we'll see about that" Virgil replied and then disappeared into the night taking the blood and chaos that surrounded us with him.

I stood there in shock wondering what all this meant when I heard a voice I would recognize anywhere. I spun around taking in my surroundings for the first time since Virgil disappeared and realized that I was standing in the graveyard. I looked in the direction the voice had come from to confirm my suspicions.

Right there in front of me was my grandma's grave, the sand covering it was falling into the grave as my grandma slowly ascended out of it.

"You have to help us Chelsea, you have to bind Kaleb, you are the only one who can do it" She said looking me straight in the eyes and causing a shiver of fear to run down my spine.

"Never! I'll never help you!" I shouted at her.

"You must Chelsea or everything we've done would have been for nothing"

"What are you talking about? What have you done?!" I yelled as the wind picked up and started howling around us.

"I did it for you Chelsea and for Virgil so that you can rule together"

"What are you talking about? You're not making any sense" I asked feeling confused.

"Just do what Virgil says and then you will understand everything" My grandma said and then everything went black around me and I woke up with a terrifying scream.

I sat up straight in bed and I'm sure my heart would have been pounding in my chest if it was possible.

"What's wrong?" Kaleb asked jumping from the bed and crouching beside me as soon as he heard me screaming.

"I had a really bad dream" I said still trying to catch my breath.

"It's ok now, you're awake and I'm here" Kaleb said pulling me onto his lap.

"I don't know, I think it was a warning or message of some kind".

"What do you mean? What happened in this dream?" Kaleb asked sounding worried.

"Well at first it was actually a really nice dream, I was in a field full of black roses with you but then you turned into Virgil and it got really scary". I said looking at Kaleb to see his reaction.

"That's not good, what happened next?" Kaleb asked so I told him what happened and what Virgil and my Grandma said.

"Do you understand any of it?" I asked when I was done telling him about my dream.

"Not exactly but I can tell you it won't be long before Virgil comes for us, we have to be ready for him"

"What do you mean by be ready?" I asked confused.

"We should hunt as much as possible so that we're strong and we should look for some sort of spell to keep him out of our Crypt". Kaleb said getting up from the bed and getting dressed in a studded black leather pants a black vest and black studded boots, he looked so good that I almost forgot about what just happened.

"Get dressed were going hunting" Kaleb said throwing some clothes on the bed for me so I got up and started putting them on.

"How long do we have before he comes" I asked fearing the answer.

"I'm not sure" Kaleb said walking over to me and pulling me into a hug.

"Don't worry Chelsea, I'll protect you, I won't let him hurt you" Kaleb whispered into my ear obviously sensing my fear of Virgil.

"I know" I replied hugging him tight and thinking of a place where we could hunt.