Prolouge

Princess of the dark

Standing there in the rain, Amelia couldn't help but think this had to be the dumbest mistake of her life.

Rain poured down and seemed to penetrate her skin, so that she could feel the coldness right down to her very bones. Lightning lit up the sky like fireworks and the noise of thunder was making her ears throb. Still she trudged on, slowly putting one foot in front of the other.

If she didn't die of hypothermia, tonight than when she got home her sister would be there to finish the job. The street was completely empty but she couldn't quite shake the feeling that someone was watching her. She laughed bitterly at the thought of someone attacking her. She was the monster. The ruler of nightmares. She had little to fear.

Blocking out the noises of the storm she listened closely for a whisper, or any sound of movement that would give her attacker away. Sure enough, about 6 feet away from her she caught the sound of heavy breathing.

Disgusted she slowed her steps, and as the attacker drew close enough, she turned around slowly, with all the menace that she could muster. Flames seemed to spark from her eyes and her fangs protruded, warning the idiot who thought to rape her that she was no helpless human.

Fear registered in his eyes a second before she grabbed him and drained him on the spot. She had no compassion for the monsters that lurked in these allies, praying on women and small children. She was the protector of this small city and evil beings were punished for their wrong doings with the ultimate price...death. Nevermind the tax it put on her soul.

As the rush of his blood, tainted as it may be, hit her with its false high, she dreamed of a different life, something better, more than she'd ever known.

Hope you all will like this new revised version!! I'm really going to change things so we will see :)