Chapter 43- Don't Tell Hades

Start from the beginning

He frowned and I saw restraint in his eyes. I knew he wanted me. I wanted him like hell too but he wanted to wait.

“If I can bargain with my dad, I think I can bargain with you too.”

“Try,” he said through clenched teeth.

“After college.”

“What? That’s soon!”

“Yes. You know I want you and I know you want me too. We can get a fabulous apartment together and stay there.”

“Aurea... No.”

I stepped away. “Very well, then. You know that your old-fashioned ways are not anymore upheld much? And there are a lot of things going on in college. If we won’t get an apartment together, we’ll both live in separate co-ed dorms. You don’t even know what happens there. It makes Eros’ fantasies look tame.”

I maintained a disinterested face as I waited for my words to sink in. If there was something that could rile the god of Death, it would be his over protectiveness of me and his jealousy. I even added Eros’ name for I knew they were friends and he had been exposed to the god of Love’s wicked moves.

After a few seconds, I saw murder in his eyes.

“That will never happen.”

“I know. I trust you, baby and you can trust me too. I won’t sleep with anyone. I just don’t like partying without you or ending up having an unknown roommate who turns out to be a nymphomaniac and brings different boys to our room every night. And then they will have sex in the bed opposite to mine! Ugh!”

I rolled my eyes to add to my acting. I even shuddered for greater effect.

“That will not happen. I don’t want you to be exposed to these people and if you’re going to experience those carnal delights, it would be with me. Only me.”

Shivers slid up my spine at his words. Seriously? Who still said carnal delights in this day and age?

Only my Thanatos.

And the way he said it had me wanting him even more.

“We will get that apartment, koukla.” My Greek is not that great but I understood that particular word.

He just called me doll!

My man is the sweetest.

“Okay.” This time I grinned because I’ve won.

Thanatos pulled me back in his arms. “But I also drive a hard bargain, Aurea.” His eyes glinted with mischief.

“What do you want?”

“We will have to get married and only the two of us along with Eros and Psyche will know.”

My heart stopped.

My jaw dropped.

And was it me or did it suddenly feel like a hundred degrees in here?

“Are you saying we’re going to elope?”

“Yes.” His eyes held a challenge in them.

I was silent for a long time as I considered his words. What I wanted most in the world is to marry him. But not having my family there wouldn’t make it as enjoyable.