1 - The beginning of a new life . . . or so she thought (Edited)

OKay so i've edited the first chapter, not much it's only a few little things x

Sarutobi Hiruzen looked up from the file on his desk at the three male figures calmly entering his office to stand in front of him. He was an old man of sixty, dressed honourably in the official Hokage robes with a white small goatee and short spiked hair, his eyes a dark purple-brown with three lines running vertically under each of them.

The first in line was the Hokage's nineteen year old son, Asuma who had brown eyes, short, black spiky hair and beard and wore a simple long sleeved shirt with bandages on the arms, pants, a sash denoting he was a guardian and a jacket with a fur collar.

Beside him, stood an eighteen year old Hatake Kakashi, who had spiked up silvery white hair and dark eyes, or eye seeing as his left one was hidden by his identification plate and material that hid the lower half of his face, wearing black and grey armour, metal arm guards and gloves, ninja sandals and a pair of dark grey combats, and the ANBU mask on the side of his head.

On Kakashi's other side stood an eighteen year old Maito Gai, with thick eyebrows, wearing a green jumpsuit, and shiny bowl black haircut and dark eyes.  It wasn't a team the Hokage would form willingly, knowing of the "rivalry" between Kakashi and Gai, but it would be needed and he knew they could be trusted to work together responsibly.

"I have a mission for the three of you. One of the ANBU squads came across a rather strange source of Chakra while running a mission through Oto no Kuni, I want you to investigate."

"Is it in our land, Hokage-sama?!" Gai asked, enthusiastically.

"It is, which is why it needs to be taken care of. Please see to it right away."

"Hai, Hokage-sama!" the three of them chanted.

Kakashi sighed as he crouched in a tree, overlooking a decaying building; Gai was hidden in the rocks to his left, and Asuma in another tree to the right. They had found the source of the chakra, but had to send away for new orders. There wasn't much they could find out from the outside, as it seemed whatever they were looking for was deep underground.

A hawk flew overhead before soaring down to Asuma who held out his arm, the bird landed only long enough for him to take the note and then took off again.

"We have a go," Asuma told the other two through the COMS kit, "Kakashi take front."

They approached cautiously, looking out for traps of any sort but there were none. Once inside Kakashi managed to sniff out the way down to the underground tunnels and at the end of one was a door.

"In there," he said quietly and they dashed forwards without a sound. Gai pressed his ear against the wood cautiously but grabbed the other two and pulled them to the ground just as the door exploded.

They hid either side of the opening, and waited for the smoke to clear before slipping inside the dark room – the only light coming from a flickering candle in the middle. Spikes shot towards them almost skewering the three men but they managed to avoid them. Or so they thought, the spikes curved and chased them around the room, splitting several times in an attempt to shish-kebab them.

Kakashi's ears picked up on a soft sobbing in the corner of the room and signalled for Asuma and Gai to stop, they had been unknowingly getting closer to it. He gestured for them to come away and they did, slowly the spikes receded towards the corner.

The three men shared a look, somehow the candle stayed alight with all the movement in the room and they could make out something small surrounded by the same dark substance that they were controlling. Kakashi dipped his finger in a droplet that had been left behind by a spike that penetrated the wall, and gave a sniff.