I Wish ( A One Direction Story)

*Harry's POV*

It's a beautiful morning, today. I had to wake up and get ready for work. I splashed some water on my face and fixed my hair by brushing it lightly and moving it to the side. Then I put my glasses on and went downstairs.

My mum was downstairs reading the newspaper, like she usually does. She already made me some toast and eggs. My dad died six years ago. So I was now the man in the house. I looked out the window as I ate my breakfast. In the window, was Mindy, my next door neighbor. She was probably the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. She wasn't one of those 'popular' girls, but she was very well-known. She is on the top of the class rankings. And she manages to do gymnastics, choir, piano, and photography.

As she looked through her window, and spotted me, I turned around quickly, and checked my watch.

It was 7:55 in the morning. Shoot! I was late for work! I dashed out of the kitchen, grabbed my bag and ran out of the door.

*Mindy's POV*

It was Sunday morning. My parents and I were getting ready to attend one of the community's brunch.

I had on this tight-fitted, yellow dress and a cute hat. My family is very well respected in the community. So the girls in the house always had to make sure we dress appropriate for the events.

I had a younger and an older sister. My older sister, Thalia, is happily married. She is known in the family as the "perfect sister". She had the best grades, behaved properly, and now is married. Her husband is a lawyer.

My younger sister, Camille, is only 10 years old. But she is wise beyond her years. She is temporarily in that " i-hate-boys" stage in her life. We found it adorable.

I was fixing Camille's dress as the doorbell rang.

It was Matthew, my boyfriend.

Matt and I have been dating for three months now. He was the captain of the football team and his family was also one of the community's most respected. My family were delighted when they found out we were going out.

"Good morning, Matthew. How is your family?" my father asked. "They are doing very well, thank you for asking,sir." Matt answered. "Will your parents be attending the brunch, today?" my father asked. "Yes, they will. They just had to go get some things before heading out." Matt replied. "But is it okay, if I take Mindy to the brunch today?" Matt asked my father.

I was surprised. And so was my father. "May I ask why?" he asked. "Well, it's our anniversary today. And wanted to surprise her with something. But now its not much of a surprise anymore." Matt said while chuckling.

I had the biggest smile on my face. Matt is the best boyfriend ever. My dad was also happy with what Matt said. So he nodded his head.

*Harry's POV*

I put the newspapers into my bag and hopped onto my bike. Yes, I'm a newspaper boy. It was pretty much the only job that didn't really need any athletic abilties, besides bike-riding. I really liked the job, though. I was able to meet everyone on my route and get to know them better. I threw the newspapers down to each house and either the dog or fathers would come and pick it up.

-45 minutes later-

I was almost done my route. The last street I had was Mistletoe street, also known as, my street. I continued on throwing the newspaper and saw Mindy walk out with her boyfriend. Mason or Max or something like that. But Mindy was beautfiful in her yellow dress and hat.

I threw the newspaper onto Mindy's lawn and I accidentaly hit Mindy's boyfriend. Boy, he wasn't really happy about that. I jumped off the bike and went to the couple. "I am so so so sorry, sir!" I said while shaking. Matt was for sure bigger than me. And if he ever hurt me.. It would REALLY hurt. He looked like he was about to break me to peices. "Babe, calm down. It was only an accident." Mindy said trying to calm Matt down.

"Yeah, it was an accident. I didn't mean to hit you, I promise!" I exclaimed.

"It's okay, Harry. He's fine." she said. "Okay, phew, well I'm going to go now." I said. And walked away and jumped back onto my bike.

*Mindy's POV*

Matt took me to his car and we listened to our favorite band, The Wanted, on the radio. We sang along.

You cast a spell on me, spell on me.

You hit me like the sky fell on me, fell on me,

And I decided you look well on me, well on me.

So lets go somewhere no one else can see, you and me.

Matt had this big smile on his face.

"What?" I asked.

"You'll see..." he said while smirking.

-ten minutes later-

He took me to the park. He setted a blanket on the floor. And he gave me tulips. They were quite beautiful.

"What? No basket full of food?" I asked while laughing. "Haha, no, babe. We are about to go to a brunch, you know!" he said while laughing.

I totally forgot! "Oh darling, this is so cute." I said. "I just wanted to go someplace, where you can just relax. I know you and your sisters have been helping with the decorations lately." Matt said.

It was true. My family was the head of the committee. And we always had to work on the events. It was a bit stressful if you ask me.

We spent the next hour, cuddling up under the tree and relaxing.

*Harry's POV*

After work, I went over to my best friend's house, Louis Tomlinson.

I knocked on Lou's door, and my other friend, Zayn Malik, opened the door.

"Vas Happenin, man?" Zayn asked.

"Nothing much, almost got pounded to death. " I replied.

"What do you mean, you almost got pounded to death?" my other friend, Liam Payne, asked.

"While I was working on my route, I accidentaly threw a paper at Matt. Yeah...he wasn't too happy." I answered.

"Ooh, man. He doesn't even live on your route, what was he doing on your street?" my Irish friend, asked.

"He and Mindy were going somewhere. She dressed really nice though, as if they were going to some brunch of some sort." I stated.

"Oh, yeah! There's the community's brunch going on today. " Louis explained.

"Brunch? And I wasn't invited?" Niall questioned.

"Oh shutup, Niall. I have food in the refrig-ref-fridge." Louis said.

"Ooh, did you guys know that Tony is having a party at his place. Can we please go?" Zayn insisted.

"Zayn! You know we don't fit into those kind of parties."Liam said.

"Yeah!" Niall agreed, while stuffing his face with food.

"I agree with Zayn. I want to party!" Louis pleaded.

Great..now I had to break the tie... I thought about this. It is true, we didn't really fit in that crowd. But I haven't been to a party lately...

"Haz, I heard Mindy will be there!" Lou stated.

"Boys, we are going to the party." I said with excitement.