Chapter 13~

POV: Caden

"How? Do you mean to tell me you've seen her and haven't told me? How is that even possible?"

"Your and even bigger idiot than I thought Caden. This is a dream I'm projecting into your mind. She is wearing the same dress she wore all those nights ago. Her hair the exact way we saw it pulled up. The only thing I had to make up about her is her voice."

"She is older Marcus. Radiant."

"Of course. This is your punishment Caden. Watch"

"What are you laughing at?"

"No one my love. I'm only voicing my pleasure of seeing my beautiful girlfriend dancing with the flowers."

This is just a dream. She doesn't have a boyfriend. It's a lie.

"Well why don't you come dance with me? I love it when my boyfriend holds me close."

She is flirting with him dammit. That shouldn't be happening. I watch with annoyance as the male saunters over to my mate, taking her in his arms and twirling her around. Her laughter booms around the clearing.

Cleaning my chest I try to breathe. Her voice does things to me. How is that possible? It's fake. Marcus said so.

Watching the pathetic male place her down, he brushes her fly aways out of her face. "I've waited for this moment for months."

"As have I." A brief glimpse of sadness crosses her face. Why can't I see her actual facial details? What color are her eyes? Does she have a round face or square? What about a dimple?

"Don't. He is your past. I am your future. Do not think on him. He made his decision long ago."

"Your right."

What decision did I make? What is Marcus playing at?

"Do you want me to go first?" taking her hands in his head smiling warmly down at the women in his arms.

Shaking her head she clears her throat. "I __, reject Caden Andrew Alexander as my mate."

Numbness seeps inside my heart, taking over my will to live. She rejected me. My own mate rejected me. Stumbling I fall to my knees. She doesn't desire my touch. Nor my love.

What have I done?

Instead she hungers after that fools. What does he have that I don't?

"Will you marry me my love?"

Locking my eyes onto her, I see the happiness shining through.

"Yes. I wouldn't want any other male to spend the rest of my life with."

"I Christopher Lewis Ray, proclaim my undying love to my chosen mate __, for the rest of my life. To honor and cherish in sickness and health. To protect against all odds and love her with all my heart." Bending down the bastard places a ring on her finger.

No, she can't. I won't allow it.

Standing up on shaking legs I race wobbling towards the unsuspecting couple. Instead of tackling the bastard to the ground I go right through him. Standing up I roar with all my might. Teeth elongating. Fury races through my veins. The need to dictate this piece of filth haunts me. He needs to be taught a lesson for touching what belongs to me.

"Tsk Tsk Caden. You can't hurt him."

"Stop this right now Marcus," I roar at him. "I will not watch my mate pledge fake love to another."