Old Flames & No Games

Maz's P O V

"I can't do that anymore Maz" she slowly slid her wrists off my grip.

This isn't over . . . this just started Marceline. 

I let her walk away from me because I know for a fact that I'd be talking to her soon. I walked back inside the party, looking for Sam.

"Hey mate" he greeted.

Hey . . .

"Oh no, let's talk" he warned. He already knew something didn't go right.

"So what happened?" he asked.

I told him everything that happened and he was left speechless.

"I'm sorry things went down like that but you gotta give her time. You practically shoved all this in her face, like damn. She wasn't expecting that" he added.

Neither was I but it happened.

"That's true but don't worry, she'll hopefully come around soon. Tomorrow's another day to try again" he smiled.

Speaking of which, where does she work?

He smiled, "Let's go have some cake"

--------------------------

"It's actually not too far from where she lives, in fact she lives like a block away from the joint" 

Is that so?

"Yup, you should pay her a visit when she's calmed about this all"

I don't want to wait anymore.

"Well, you're gonna have to or else you'll lose her completely and push her into the arms of another man"

Looks like I already did.

Sam looked at me all confused.

She told me she has a boyfriend named John. I don't know his last name, she wouldn't tell me. 

"Really? Well that's odd, she would've told us if she had a boyfriend. I wonder?"

Don't worry Sam, we'll know him soon . . . I hope. I really want to meet this guy.

"Agreed"

"Hey babe, hey Maz, where's Marcey?" Bridget hopped over to us.

"Babe, Marceline just left"

Bridget's face saddened, "Why?"

Sam looked at me and then back at her. She snapped me a quick look, "What did you do now?!" she shouted.

"Bridget, he apologized but she wasn't having any of his 'non-sense'" Sam defended me.

"Good! I wouldn't either if I were in her position"

"Don't worry, everything will be just fine"

"Ugh! Alright but I'm gonna call her just to know if she's fine" she shouted and marched away.

Thanks for helping me out Sam.

"Anytime man, anytime" he smiled.

Marceline's P O V

*ring ring*

Hello?

"Marceline, are you okay? Where are you? What did that fucker do to you?" Bridget franticly asked.

He was annoying me with his fucking memories of the past but this time, it hit hard so I left. I'm sorry, I'll call Sam once I get home to apologize for ruining his night. I'll be fine, I'm in a cab right now, on my way home.