Chapter 7~ You Waste No Time

Chapter Seven

                        I had been up for a while just sitting in the dark. None of this could have been real. I had got hit by that car and now I was in a hospital stuck in a deep coma. But that couldn’t really be it. I’ve fallen asleep three times already, how many dreams within a dream could I be in? After all this isn’t Inception. When I pinched myself hard, it hurt.

                        I heard the door of the bedroom open and then there was an almost silent shuffle of feet on the hardwood floor. I didn’t bother to open my eyes to see who it was. It was too dark in the room to tell who it was anyway.

                        “Sir Bastian,” a female called from the far side of the room, “the morning meal will begin shortly and you’re the only one that hasn’t arrived yet,” she pulled back the dark velvet curtains and light flooded into the room.

                        The brand new light stung at my eyes and I rolled over to avoid it, but I met the bed and then crashed to the floor.

                        “Crap!” I held my head and glared against the light. I looked up to find to a girl with her eyes covered and slightly pinked cheeks. “What is it?”

                        “Sir Bastian…your clothes,” her face redden even more. I didn’t understand why, I was fully clothed, wearing this bag thing that Panther Lily had given me last night.

                        I pulled at the material a few times, but I was clueless as to what she was going on about, “what?”

                        “You’re still in your night robes,” I looked down at myself, clad in this white sand colored material that resembled a dress, and had a deep ‘V’ that revealed my chest.  I grabbed the shirt closed embarrassed because she was embarrassed for seeing my bare chest.

                        “Oh…okay. I’ll change,” I noticed that my old clothes were placed folded up on the bed. They were clean and had an odd floral scent to them. Someone must have washed them while I was sleeping. I went into the bathroom to wash and change, but by the time I came out of the bathroom, the girl was still there.

                        “Better?” she smiled and nodded, but her cheeks are still tinted pink. I can’t win, so I decided to change the topic. “What’s you’re name by the way?”

                        “Aster Dai…Sir,” she bowed hastily.

                        “Aster? For some reason that sounds familiar to me,” I couldn’t place where I heard the name before. I didn’t know anyone else with the name.

                        “It is the  name of a flower,” she said saving me the trouble of trying to figure it out.

                        “A flower?” that’s where I heard the name before! Those two weeks with my Grandmother last summer really sucked. How can you punish someone by making them a gardener? Its not like I told them to bring all the alcohol to the party.

                        “Yes, girls are normally named after flowers, animals, or other things in nature. My sister’s name is Honeysuckle, but we just call her Honey,” I followed her out the room and down the hall, it wasn’t long before I heard animated voices and raucous laughter. Aster led me to the dining hall I had first been sent to when I came here yesterday.