Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

I dreamt of Ambrosius that night.

I'd had plenty of erotic dreams before, but this one took the cake. It wasn't the same faceless person who appeared to me night after night. This time, it was Ambrosius and he rode me hard in a black canopied bed that set off his blue eyes even more.

He rocked his hips down, like his own sexual little dance, arching his back like a fine cat. His black hair stuck to his face with sweat that glistened on his warm olive skin in the dim hazy lights that came from a source I couldn't care less about. All I could do was stare up at him, hands rising and falling with his hips that grinded on me sensually. His lips parted as moan after moan spilled out, his blue eyes hooded and dark with sexual hunger.

"You're beautiful." I heard myself murmur. Ambrosius moaned at that, closing his eyes and resting his hands on my chest before I sat up and captured his lips hungrily. He purred and slid his arms around my neck, jerking me up against him and I thrust my hips up to meet him. He cried out in ecstasy, throwing his head back and letting me clamp my lips on his throat. A delicious perfect throat, smooth soft skin perfect for nibbling. I dotted hickeys along his throat like a collar, so even Hades would know that Ambrosius belonged to me.

I fell back against the bed again, feeling my peak steadily rising higher and higher until I exploded and grabbed Ambrosius by the hips, forcing myself deep inside him, filling him out. Ambrosius whimpered and trembled, arching and riding me harder as he neared his limit. I took his cock gently in my palm and massaged it up and down until he cried out again and arched his back, spilling into my hand.

My whole body ached and I wanted to go again, and again and again, until I passed out from exhaustion with Ambrosius gathered in my arms for eternity.

But then the lights started to go out all around us and there was an eerie cold sensation that crept through the air and made me frown. Ambrosius made a sound of pain and I snapped my head to look up at him to see him crying. Hot salty tears spilled down his face and he choked on a sob. For a moment, I thought I'd hurt him until he reached for me.

"Help me, please."

"Ambrosius?"

"Thorn, I'm scared, I don't know what to do, please! Help me!" I went to pull him back into my arms, but the last light in the room went out and swallowed him so I was plunged into darkness.

A moment later, I shot up in bed, gasping out loud and coated in a cold sweat. I grabbed at the blankets through the dark, fumbling for the lamp next to my bed and snapped it on to flood the room with a bright clear light that made the clean wooden floors shine. I looked at my balcony windows, which had been locked tight and barred with a magical barrier to keep the wraiths out. My heart was still pounding something awful. Fear crept through my veins like ice and I scrambled out of my bed, shoving the blankets back and heading for the door. I stepped out into the dimly lit hall. All the lights had been dimmed before everyone had gone off to bed, save for the few who'd been doing their rounds outside.

I went straight to Ambrosius's room and opened the door as quietly as possible. I stepped in to peer past the wall and relief swept through me to see him fast asleep in his bed. I held my breath, glancing around the room and coming forward to double check the balcony doors to make sure they were locked tight and coated with a barrier. When I had checked everything, I was only slightly satisfied.

Mostly worried that he didn't wake up with all the noise I had made. While I had tried to be quiet about my movements, the windows still rattled when I moved them and the closet creaked when I opened it. Still, Ambrosius slept. I almost went to check if he was even breathing when he rolled over on his back, the blankets shifting downwards to reveal he slept naked.