Chapter 1.5

(7th Grade)

"Can you come over? Like now?" I texted to my best friend Hallie.

I sat in the corner of my room, cuddled up in blankets on my beanbag chair, with tears running down my face.

Ding Ding

My phone beeped.

I clicked the screen and saw a new text message from Hallie.

On my way! Be there in 5.

Hallie lived right down the street from me. We hungout everyday and have known eachother since we were little kids.

I don't know what I would ever do without her. I mean, I guess I could do without her constant whining about not wanting to sneak into a PG-13 movie, or the fact that she refuses to take my advice on fashion, and especially that she doesn't care about being popular. She doesn't care what anybody thinks about her, she just acts like herself. Which is cool, when we hangout together, but when were at school and she yells across the hall,

"Alison, wanna have a play date Saturday? We can go see a movie with my mom!"

That is when I just wish I didn't know her. At all.

 Somebody knocked on my door and I knew instantly, it was Hallie. 

I opened the door and gave her a huge hug.

"Thank you so much for coming!" I told her. I was so lucky to have a friend like her!

She smiled.

"Now, tell me whats wrong."

I sighed, "JJJ-ake dumped me." I started sobbing and put my head on her shoulder.

She pushed me away from her and looked at me,

"Forget about Jake. He is so stupid to let you go. You are awesome, okay? And if it makes you feel any better, we can prank call his house tonight, alright?" Hallie was the best.

"Movie night?" I asked, through my tears.

She nodded and we ran downstairs.

***********************

"Ali, are you even paying attention?" Lindsay snapped at me.

I looked up from my daydream and nodded.

"Oh yeah, sorry Lindz."

 I haven't been able to stop thinking about Hallie. It was going to be so awkward when she was here. I mean, we used to be the best of friends and now we hate eachother. How does that happen?

"So? Which one?" Lindsay asked.

"Huh?"

She smirked, "I knew you weren't listening! But seriously, should I wear my tight pink dress with the stripes or the tight black one with the sparkles on top?"

"Pink, definitely. Wait, what's this for again?"

"The last day of school, duh?"

"Isn't that a little short for school? Ms. Winston is gonna flip." I said

"So? What's she gonna do? Give me detention? Its the last day of Freshman Year, don't you want to have some fun? I mean, we will never be "Freshies" again!"

I shook my head and laughed, "Lindz your so stupid. We're gonna be freshman in college."

She smiled, "Oh." :)