Chapter 113

**George’s POV**

I’m sitting in my favourite armchair reading the newspaper with Maddie on the lounge opposite, sewing. I look over the top of the newspaper at her. Snowy is sleeping on her lap, oblivious to the fact that Maddie has draped material all over her. She’s sewing Alithea a new little dress.

“She’s growing up fast, isn’t she?” I comment, laying the newspaper aside.

“She’ll be three in two months,” Maddie sighs, “she’s growing up too fast.”

“In four months we’ll have another one,” I smile gleefully. Maddie pretends to glare at me, but smiles.

“So much for three maximum,” she chuckles, “I do wish we’d waited a few years though. We’ll have four children under four.”

I let out a low whistle.

“I’d hate to be a stay at home mum in that situation,” I tease slyly. Maddie rolls her eyes and lies her sewing down, rubbing a hand over her stomach.

“I’m just glad we know it’s only one,” she says, “after that last little surprise…”

“And Dad was thrilled to see the ultrasong thing.”

“Ultrasound,” she corrects me, “it was fascinating, wasn’t it? I can’t believe that’s inside me.”

“Even though it kicks you?” I smile, moving over to sit next to her, “I can’t believe I’m twenty with three and a half kids.”

“I can’t believe I’m nine-teen and pregnant… Again!” Maddie laughs, “I’m still a teenager!”

“I feel so old,” I joke, “but you’ll be twenty soon too.”

“Don’t say that,” she sighs, “I want to stay a teenager! I don’t want to grow up and have responsibilities.”

“You’re the married mother of almost four,” I point out, “you already have responsibilities.”

“Yes, but they’re such cute responsibilities.”

“Do you regret it?” I ask, lying down and putting a cushion next to her so my head is next to her stomach.

“Why would I?” she asks, running her fingers through my hair, “I have an amazing husband, three beautiful children, a home, a family…”

“You always wanted to travel,” I point out, “you wanted a career. You wanted to play Quidditch! When was the last time you played Quidditch?”

Maddie looks thoughtful.

“Before Alithea was born,” she says, a small frown creasing her forehead, “I think when we won the Quidditch cup in our fifth year.”

“Why did you stop?”

“You know why,” I sigh, “the next year I was so busy I barely had time to sleep, then Alithea came along and Voldemort came back… Quidditch just doesn’t seem to matter as much as it used to.”

I lean my head against her stomach.

“I wish we’d been teenagers,” I tell her quietly.

“We were,” she replies, “until we were seventeen we were teenagers and that was enough.”

I sigh and fall into silence while Maddie strokes my head, down over my ear that she gave me. She’s given me so much…

“Oof,” I move my head away from her belly as the baby gives me a good kick. Maddie immediately puts her hand where the baby touched.