Chapter Eight: World War Z (Edited)

It's safe to say that for the remainder of the night I decide to lock myself in my room in order to avoid facing my dad. It's a pretty shit idea seeing as it's only eight o’clock and I can’t text Maddi or Violet because as the genius I am, I forgot to ask for their numbers.

Walking out of my bathroom after changing, I grab my laptop and sit in the middle of my bed after locking the door. Logging into Facebook I see a few friend requests from people who are in a couple of my classes, accepting a few of them I decide to watch a few vines before logging off to finish my growing pile of homework.

Sitting down on my desk chair I glare at my textbook as I place it in front of me, grabbing a piece of paper and a pen as I start to make notes. I spend a solid three hours dedicated to doing my homework before I finally chuck my pen at the wall ready to fall asleep.

Crawling into bed after I pack all my papers and books into my bag, I fall face first into the soft pillow instantly falling asleep. Waking up I grab my phone from my bedside table checking the time, swearing out loud as I see that it's quarter to nine.

Pushing the covers off me immediately, I quickly change into a dark pair of jeans and throw on a plain light blue sweatshirt before pulling on my combat boots. Grabbing my bag I swing it over one shoulder before running down the stairs in the direction of the kitchen.

Entering the kitchen I come to a halt when I see my father sitting casually at the dining table reading the newspaper. Raising my eyebrows in surprise he looks up giving me a smile before speaking.

“Good morning Ava.” He oh-so casually says.

Ignoring his questionable behaviour, I quickly start opening cupboards and taking out random packets of food, shoving them into my bag trying to get out of the kitchen and house as fast as possible.

“You seem to be in a rush, would you like me to drop you at school?” He asks.

If I don’t want to spend time with you at home what makes you think I want to spend time with you in a stupid car? I think to myself.

Turning around I grab an apple from the island and make my way out of the kitchen as I continue to ignore his attempts to strike up a conversation. Closing the front door I check my phone only to see that I have five minutes to get to school.

Realising that I'm already going to late I decide to walk to school not caring how late I'm going to be, pulling out my headphones from my back pocket I plug them into my phone. The enormous school building comes into view fifteen minutes later, slowing down I pull my headphones out and walk towards the office.

Opening the office door the cool air conditioned air hits me in the face instantly cooling me down from the heat outside. Fanning myself I walk towards the office desk where a snobby looking middle aged woman sits. 

“How can I help you?” She asks in a nasally voice.

“I’m late.” I state, watching as she glares at me.

“Well then you will receive a warning and if you're late twice more you will receive a detention. Do you understand?” She asks in her annoying voice.

"What? Are you being serious?" I groan.

"It's excuse me and yes I am being serious." She continues, glaring in my direction.

"Well excuse me  I don't understand why you're acting like a bitch." Rolling my eyes at her attitude.

"What did you just call me?" She almost yells standing up behind her desk.