Prologue

HERE GOES NOTHING!! :D 

________________________________________________________

Just Born:

The room is pleasant; it has flowery wallpaper and curtains and a surprisingly comfortable hospital bed on which the baby's mother lies. She sleeps in a crib next to her mother's bed. Slowly as the sun sets little shadows start to occupy the corners. When the automatic lights turn on, the shadows remain, giving the room a slightly grayish look. The baby twitches and wakes and starts to cry. Her eyes dart from corner to corner as she tries to understand what they are.

There comes a time when all will know,

There comes a time when all shall show.

I am her soul of all that's past,

for I am her shadow.

I hold her truths

I hold her past,

When the time comes near

she shall hear.

I will whisper in her ears,

all that she must hear.

".......Hush little baby, don't you cry. Daddy still loves you and so do I...." Whimpering.

"See John, she stopped crying."

"Mille, they'll be coming for her name soon...; Esmeralda or Renee? "

"Esmeralda, don't you love how that rolls of your tongue, John? I think she likes it John, shes laughing!"

She shall laugh in joy, 

Continue her legacy,  

Her very name,  

Shall remain the same.

Age 3: 

The family is inside a building which contains an children's FunHouse. This FunHouse has a large ball pool, in which three year old Esmeralda is playing. She dives into the pool and falls into a black shadow; she cannot understand why there would be a shadow when there is so much light in the building. She scrambles out of the ball pool and finds her dad. Her dad is sitting at a table with his work laptop.

" Daadeee....daadee...look daadee! Come widme to bapool! I shaw a back thingy in the bapool!" 

"Esme, daddy's busy and he's very sorry but daddy can't come darling." 

" But daaaaadeeee...it was so weead." 

"Esme, honey daddy is very busy. See, daddy even has his laptop with him." 

She folds her hands. "No,noooo, daadde put wok box away now and come wid Esme." 

"Ok Esme. Just this once. Promise daddy you won't stop his work again today." 

"Fine" 

"Good, now let's go see."

You will never find  

what you expect to see, 

I will not be there 

For one to find.  

Until my time  

I wait here. 

Inside your mind