Chapter Two - Forgive, Never Forget

Adrienne's POV

Once in my room, I body flopped on the bed. Grabbing the nearest pillow, I yelled into it, releasing all the anger I held inside.

If they leave, God only knows how I'd feel. Those boys were my life, my heart... My everything. If they left, I'd be torn apart!

This really can not be happening. Friends are suppose to stay with you through thick and thin! They are suppose to be there for each other. Not leave you to fulfill their life dreams.

I then rolled on my back, sighing. Okay, I might sound a tad bit selfish at the moment. But I do not care at all. If another person faced my current situation, they'd feel the same exact way! 

My phone rang on my dresser, yet I ignored it. Whoever was calling was not that important. At least during a situation like this.

My afternoon continued on like this. Full with tears, anger, and a phone that rung off the hook.

***

"Adrienne, wake up. Your friends are outside to see you!" My mom said, waking me up the next day.

"Mom!" I yelled back, calling her into my room.

"Yes?"

"Can you please tell them I'm not here?" I begged. I sat up from my bed and rubbed my eyes.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" She asked. "You love it when they come over."

"Well, I don't anymore." I muttered to myself, yet she heard me. Mom rolled her eyes and sat on my bed.

"Is it heartbreak?" She asked.

"Something like that."

My mom patted my back and smiled softly, shaking her head. "Honey, you are too young for that! You're only fourteen years old!" She stood up, pulling me up along with her. "Now hurry up and get to your friends."

Grumbling mainly to myself, I got off my butt and threw on any clothes that I saw. Stuffing my hands into my pockets, I trudged outside and to the boys that awaited.

"What do guys want from my life?" I asked.

"To say sorry!" Jacob explained desperately.

"Okay. Now leave." I replied monotonously. I could see that the rest of the boys sat inside the car, whilst Jacob was the only one standing outside.

"Just give us two minutes to explain everything to you, please!" Jacob begged. I raised an eyebrow at him and then replied.

"Two minutes. Start explaining."

Jacob opened his mouth and began to talk. "You don't know how disappointed we are with ourselves."

"Oh, that's nice." was my sarcastic response.

"Can you stop interrupting me and just listen?" Jacob asked. I rolled my eyes and allowed him to continue speaking. "We thought that if we broke down the news to you earlier, you girls would have been depressed and do exactly what you're doing now, Adri."

"What you are saying doesn't phase me!" I exclaimed, finally. "Stop calling me Adri. Only my friends can call me that."

It's like with that, I ticked Jacob off because what he said next surprised me.

"You know what. If you're mad, stay mad. You are being such a bitch about everything." Jacob finally stated after a long silence. "I don't even know why I'm trying."

My heart hardened. Jacob Perez was calling me a bitch? I wasn't being a bitch about anything!

Before you knew it, I walked up to Jacob and slapped him in the face.

I just slapped Jacob friggin' Perez in the face.

"How dare you call me a bitch?"

"'Cause you are being one!" Jacob told me. "In fact, you've been one!"

If looks could kill, Jacob would have been six feet under the ground right now.

"Leave! All of you, leave!" I yelled. I pushed Jacob away from me then turned to run back into the house. 

***

Jacob's POV

The minute she walked back into her house, you know it got real. My friends were pinning me down, yelling at me for being stupid.

"Look, I'm sorry but she wasn't going to forgive us anyways." I told the boys. I could still feel the sting on my face, grasping my cheek from the pain.

"How would you know that, huh?" Roc questioned, hitting my chest. "She could have forgiven us, Jacob! Stop being such a egocentric jerk!" He sneered.

"Aye, Roc! Calm down!" Ray stated, holding Roc back from hitting me again. Roc glared at me before storming away; Craig and Ray following right behind him.

Forget this. I'm going to be apart of a group: Mindless Behavior. Goodbye, Adrienne Williams. Goodbye, New York.

Hello, L.A.