The Proposal

BAHRAIN

In a C-130 flying low over the Persian Gulf, army airborne ranger SSG Bill Thomason and his elite four-man team are waiting in a large empty cargo hold for the green go light to deploy into the gulf and make their way towards the island of Bahrain. The rear of the plane is bare except for twenty or so uncomfortable seats and the men’s equipment that is tied down in the center of the ski pad.

One hundred and fifty miles North, North West of the Bahrain international airport; finally get the go light. The rear of the plane opens up and there is a rush of wind that enters the cargo area. One by one the men and their equipment exit, their parachutes open and they float down pulling the release pins ten feet above the water dropping the men safely into the sea.

As they activate the air pumps on both of the black Zodiac inflatable’s, the men wait silently for the rafts to come to life, wading up in down in the choppy seas. Getting into the rafts and starting the silent, electric motors they head in the direction of Bahrain. The inflatable’s jump and then slam back into the choppy water making the ride rough, but not dangerous for the four specially trained men. As they hit the coastal berm that protects Bahrain from devastating storms, Bill orders the men to leave the inflatables at the edge of the beach and to start putting on the rest of their gear.

Scanning the north-eastern coast of Bahrain with his binoculars, Bill finds the small island to the right of the Bahrain international airport, on the northern corner of the island is a small hotel that is currently being used to house an arms dealer by the name of General Kang Hun. Kang Hun is one of Saddam Hussein’s biggest dealers, selling to the likes of Al Qaeda, Hezbollah and the IRA. He is also a general in the North Korean Government, which makes this black op not only necessary, but pleasurable as well.

Gathering the rest of the team at the top of the berm, Bill shows them which building they are going to hit. After they all took a couple of minutes to study the layout of the hotel and the surrounding area, they begin going the last minute details of the hotel assault.

“Jeremy, you go off to the right about a hundred yards and circle around to the street side of the hotel and come in through the front door. Tristan, I want you to go to the left side and enter through the servants’ entrance. I will go straight in the back, the patio door is wide open and has the most potential for being a death trap I only see two people on the patio itself. There is one person at the service entrance, and two roaming sentries. First, eliminate any outside personnel, trying to be as stealthy and quickly as possible then take out anyone on the ground floor. Then we will make our way to the second floor and do the same. Kang should be on the third floor and usually has three bodyguards with him. He is our main target, no need to capture; proof of death is all we need”

“What about me and Sam?” Jackson asks expectantly.

“You two will stay here at the edge of the berm and provide any cover fire we made need.”

“Copy that.” Jackson and Sam both reply in unison.

“Alright let’s get into the water and head out.” Bill orders.

Putting on the rest of their diving gear, the three men get into the water and begin to swim towards the beach. The berm has kept the waves from being too choppy, which in return has made their swim much easier, using the zodiacs from here would bring too much unwanted attention to the men and their mission.

Reaching the beach, the three men head into position and begin their breach of the hotel. Bill reaches the patio and with his silenced glock takes out the two gunmen with a single shot to both of their heads. “Patio cleared.” Walking over to the sliding door on the patio Bill sees three men sitting at a wooden table, a table that would normally seat eight, playing some form of poker, with an array of different colored chips and money tossed in the middle of the three men, next to each of the three men was a handgun a .357 Smith and Wesson, a 9mm Glock, and a .45 Ruger. Over to the right of them, leaning against the wall were two Ak47’s, scanning around the room Bill found the third rifle leaning against the table next to the man in the back.