Chapter 7~

POV: Claudia

"Oh Claudia!" Running into the room, my mother crushes me into a heart wrenching hug.

"I'm alright mother. I promise." Patting her on the back I go to sit on my bed. "Nik is on his way here. Caden ran out of the room with Jason hot on his heels."

This is turning into a complete disaster.

  "Claudia, I'm worried about you. This situation is taking a toll not only on your heart, but your health. You've lost weight these past few weeks and the light in your eyes has dimmed. I know you're scared about your birthday and going into heat, it's normal. I on the other hand can't wait until he finds you and brings back the daughter we've been missing." Brushing a strand of hair out of my face, I take a deep breath.

"She is right Claudia. I've noticed it and we haven't spent nearly enough time together these few weeks."

Groaning I fall back on the bed, staring up at the boring white ceiling. "To tell you the truth, I'm freaking out inside. I'm scared he will reject me once he realizes I'm not of high status. No full-size bottom or an extensive chest, which we all know he craves." Holding in my snarl, I try not to picture Jessica in his arms. She is exactly what he craves, not I. "Will he see me as the ugly duckling? I don't think I could deal with it, if he rejected me."

"Claudia, it doesn't matter if you were an ugly duckling, as you so put it, which you aren't by the way. Caden's an idiot in his actions. I believe he has come to his senses, not that his past or yours for that matter can be erased." Sitting down next to me, Nik taps my hand in a friendly manner. "The two of you will need to sit down and speak on personal details of your past. His words will crush you, though I know for a fact yours will destroy his heart as well."

"In the end, you two will need each other to build a true loving relationship. If you skip the talk, I doubt you two will be able to move past your emotional fears. He will constantly worry about you disappearing on him for good and you'll fear he will no longer desire you, instead moving on to other females to warm his bed and heart." Of course my mother is correct. She always is.

"What should I do now? Wait until my birthday or do something about him and Jessica?" I question the two.

"I believe Jessica is out of the picture. He hasn't slept in her room since his birthday." Sitting up at Nik's words, I try to see if he is lying to make me feel better. "I'm not lying, I promise you Claudia. I wouldn't like to you about this. Never have, never will." Sighing I fall back against my hard mattress.

"What should we do now? You can't stay here as Caden knows you're going on a date." Would he actually take me on a date or find another female? If Caden were to find out Nik lied to him today, I doubt he would be free to roam around the castle.

"I believe you have twenty minutes to get dressed up." Laughing I jump up and run towards my closet. "You were stupid to think I would pick another over you, Claudia. Plus you haven't set up a blind date for me."

Rolling my eyes at his booming laugh I quickly change into jeans and a tank top. Our 'dates' aren't fancy in the least bit. More along the lines of pizza and a movie. I asked him once before why he's never taken me to a fancy restaurant, he told me it's because that type of date is for my mate to spoil me with. It made sense.

"Ready!" walking out, I hug my mom goodbye and follow Nik out of the castle. We had to avoid the popular routs as to not give the higher ups gossip. I know it's pointless because once Caden finds me, they will have juicy gossip to spread throughout the kingdom anyways.

The drive to our favorite pizza joint takes a matter of minutes to arrive. Nik jumps out and runs inside to pay. Again we try to avoid the public's eye, meaning we take our pizza to a local park and sit in a corner away from prying eyes.