Chapter 4

I had just started to doze off again when Evan reached over and shook my shoulder.

"Babe, you can't go back to sleep. It's late and we still have go get your car from the school parking lot." Evan said.

I yawned and grumbled, turning onto my side and pulling the covers up to my chin. "Mm, shut up, Evan. I'm trying to sleep- ahh!" I jerked up and pushed Evan off the bed as he began to tickle my side.

"Hey! What was that for?! Meanie.." he grumbles as he rubs his head, which he hit off the floor when I pushed him. "Will you just get up already, lazyass."

I slowly sat up rubbed my hands over my face. "Fine, fine. I'm coming.." I slowly started to get up and out of bed. He huffed impatiently and slid his arms under me, holding me bridal style and running down the stairs, muttering, "God, Xavier. Why do you have to be so slow.."

I poked his cheek and laughed a little. "Why do you have to be so impatient, huh? HUH?!" All I heard was silence so I said, "Exactly as I thought" as I laughed again.

"Oh, shut up," he said with a laugh, dumping my in the backseat of his car, coming around the front and starting the car.

"Aww," I whined, " Why do I have to sit in the back?! Huh, who's the mean one now?"

"Because I said so and I'm older so you have to listen to me..," he said with a smirk.

I began to climb over the console to sit up front when my foot caught on the cup holder and I dove forward, smacking my head off of the dashboard. Evan burst out laughing and I looked up at him with an innocent look and tears in my eyes. He immediately stopped laughing and pulled me into his lap.

"Aww, baby. Don't cry.." he said softly as his kissed my forehead.

I burst out laughing at his guilty look and said between laughs "Oh, God... You should've... seen.. your face.. haha"

He laughed and pushed me away and into myseat, muttering, "You little devil..."

I giggled and stuck my tongue out at him. "Just drive me to get my baby, Evan."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Soon after, I was driving my way home, finally reunited with my baby. Not many other cars were out so I drove slowly, taking in the scenery and letting my thoughts drift back to Matt... Always him. All I could seem to remember is that look on his face.. I had to see him again.. I couldn't let my last memory of him remain that horrified look.  I would hate to have to face him again but wat else could I do? Before I even realized it, I was en route to Matt's house. I mean, I may as well drop by. If nothing else, It'll be nice to see his mom again...

10 minutes later, I was parked in his driveway, an odd feeling rolling around in my stomach. What am I doing here, again? God, I'm so scared.. What is he going to say if he sees me.. Does he really hate me now? That can't be true.. You can't just suddenly hate your long time best friend. Sighing,  I opened the car door and made my way up the porch stairs to his front door. I knocked once and rocked back and forth on my heels nervously, looking over to the kitchen window to see his mother looking throught the kitchen to see who was at the door. Her face lit up and suddenly disappeared behind the curtain. Only a couple seconds after, the door flew open and I was encased in a tight hug. "Xavier! Honey, its so good to see you!"

I gladly hugged her back and smiled. "Its nice to see you again, Mrs. Smith."

She pulled away and led me into her house, her hand on the small of my back. "Please, Xavier. How many times have I told you to call me Mom?" she said with a smile. "Oh, we've missed you around here, dear. Its so nice to have you visit again."

"I've missed you too, Mom," I said with another smile. God, I love this woman. She has a point though. Shes like a mother to me. May as well call her Mom. "Um, Is Matt here?"

She sighed, "Yeah, he should be up in his room. Good luck with him, dear." See, she knows about the whole situation between Matt and I. She knows that I'm gay and love her son. But she still loves me. In fact, she's more disappointed in Matt's actions then mine.

I slowly made my way up the stairs and paused by the door. Man, why am I so nervous? I mean.. Its just my best friend.. I took a deep breath and knocked once, before slowly opening the door. After I took in the scene before me, I blushed and stuttered, "uh- Um.. I-I'm sorry.." I cringed and turned around slowly before runnning down the stairs, tears beginning to fall from my eyes. I ran through the kitchen, past Mrs.Smith, and into their living room. I didn't want to turn around because I know I would only bee met by the sympathetic glances of his mother. After a couple moments, I heard Mrs. Smith stomp up the stairs and his door pound against the wall. A gasp and a shout from his mother sounded out right after. "My God, Matthew! Get some clothes on! (Author Note: I'll leave your imagination to that, you guys xD) And what is she doing here?! I told you to keep this whore out of my house!"

I listened intently but soon regretted it as I heard "God, Mom. First, you let that fucking faggot into the house, then you go and barge in on me and Jessica?!"

I heard a loud slap and I cringed. I knew this was a bad idea. Why did I even come here? Look what I'm doing to this family..

"That faggot.. is a much better person than you are, Matthew." I heard Mrs. Smith hiss furiously at him, "Now get out."

Matt's shocked voice came as a whisper to me "W-What?!"

"I said get out. Get out of my house now!" she shouted.

I heard some grumbling from Matt and two people stomping down the stairs, then the front door slam. I heard a couple girly giggles and some chuckles before thay burst out laughing, the sound of tires squealing and his car racing down the road then reached my ears. Laughing? After he was just kicked out the house? I felt a little suspicious and I thought about it for a bit when a realization hit me.. Oh God, my baby.. What the hell did he do to my precious car?!

I ran through the kitchen and bumped into Mrs. Smith. "I'm sorry about all of that, dear-"

I hugged her quick and said, "Sorry, Mrs. Smith. I have to go. BYE!!", trying to hold back my panic.

I ran out the door, sprinting to my car. I was almost there when I tripped and landed against my car. I look down and screamed, holding my head in my hands.. "NO, MY BABY!!" I looked up and down the length of my car, a long jagged scar that spelled out 'FUCKING FAGGOT' with a big heart at the end... My heart shattered and I collapsed against my car, slidding down onto my knees and sobbing. I instantly regretted making that turn onto his road.. I regretted ever coming out about being gay. But these thoughts hurt intenesly so I shut down and let my emotions pour out.