A Year Later.

Nora..

A year later

Sitting on the beach with some of my friends, I met seven months ago. I couldn’t be happier, this was where I was meant to grow up, not in the castle. Brad handed me a bottle of beer and I looked up at him.

His light blue eyes’, shining in amazement, his sandy blonde hair was messy and his style was always nice. Sarah and Callie had said it changed with I appeared. Humans can feel vibes of us, Therian’s. But since, I’m an Original, everyone loves me.

I took the beer and drank it quietly, laughing at the jokes that were being said. I never looked back after I ran, I had masked my scent so I’m forever free. Callie was talking about going swimming.

“Can we play a game of spin the bottle?” Sarah asked Callie. Everyone nodded in agreement, expect me.

“I’ll go swimming.” I told Callie, standing up. We walked down to the water which was freezing. “I think I’ll just soak my feet in it.”

“Yeah same, it’s freezing.” Callie chuckled and sat down, I followed her. “Do you think Brad likes me?”

This is what I’ve always, to worry about boys and wish for love. Even though, being so far away from Dimitri is killing me. Each time I close my eyes, it’s his face I see. Callie nudged me out of my thoughts.

“Nikki, you okay?” She asked me. I changed my name to Nikki, as Nora isn’t who I am anymore. I nodded and smiled at her.

“I think Brad likes you.” I muttered, and stood up… “I’m going to head home, see you tomorrow.” I walked away from the crowd of my friends, I knew Callie would tell them I went home.

Climbing up the stairs into my small two bedroomed apartment, I heard my neighbours shouting as usual. It doesn’t bother me, I’ve never heard an argument like their ones until I ran, and I find it funny. I opened my door and saw Megan sitting on the couch, she’s a college student and I needed a room-mate. We both have jobs, I work at a restaurant and Megan works at a bar on her nights off, we have enough to pay rent most times.

Our landlord doesn’t mind if we’re short, he tells us not to worry because we’re the best tenants he’s had in a while. He’s not old, late forties I would say. He has wrinkles but he claims their laughter lines, which wouldn’t surprise me, he’s always joking around with his grandkids Dylan and Tyler. I babysat them a couple times because his wife wanted to go out for their date night.

“Oh hey Nik, how was the beach?” Megan asked.

“It was okay, I’m pretty tired. And I’m working the afternoon shift, night.” I said and rushed to my room, Megan was lovely but sometimes she couldn’t shut up to save herself.

I lay in bed, drifting in and out of sleep. It was nothing new,  when you’re a princess on the run, you realize one thing. Never let your guard down. I’ve changed, I’m no longer that sweet innocent girl. I can’t feel anything, I don’t want to feel any emotions ever again.

Dimitri..

A year later

I paced the room as everyone was talking about the girl lying in front of us, they were saying she was Nora. She isn’t Nora… She can’t be. I slowly walked forward, everyone was looking at me as I touched her cheek. I would feel something if she was Nora, expect she’s not Nora. Her scent is nothing like Nora’s, it’s full of smoke and alcohol. A princess would never drink or smoke.

I gulped and turned to see Logan’s eyes on me, I can’t tell him his daughter is my mate… Can I? I rushed from the room and bumped into Simon, who was walking into my room as we bumped into each other. I opened the door and let him in, I followed him into my kitchen. I grabbed two beers since it was our  night off.

“That isn’t Nora, or do you believe that too?” Simon asked me, I raised an eyebrow at him. “She isn’t that stupid,  I taught her how to fight. She wouldn’t die.”

“I suppose you’re right, not with your training,” I joked. “I know it’s not her. I just don’t know why they are giving up, it’s only been a year.”

“Because we have no idea where she is.”

“She is important, she is the first Original she-wolf. She may be able to fight, but hunters could take her in a second, torture her, rape her and then kill her.” I yelled, smashing my bottle of beer in my hand.

“Dimitri…. That night, she went missing. What really happened? Man, I won’t tell anyone.” He looked so serious and why couldn’t I tell my older brother at least.

“I touched her wrist, her bare wrist. I felt a surge of power flow through my body, I’m her mate. I told her to keep it quiet while I figured it out, but she thought I was going to reject her.” It felt good, to be able to get that of my chest. “I would never reject her, even if I am seven years older. I would have done everything to be her, if I had the chance again.”

“Did you kiss her?” He met my eyes, I  shook my head. “Well, little brother. A few us are hanging up our coats here, and doing a search for Nora. I don’t have  to ask if you want to tag along do I.” I chuckled at him.

He left shortly after, once I signed a paper with a bunch of other names saying we were leaving. I packed lightly, so it would be easier for me. And Simon had said pack lightly.