The Blind man's cave! Novel

Chapter one

"Dreams do come true, if only we wish hard enough. You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it."

Some say dreams are illusions, others say dreams are just like wishes that never come true, but me; I say dreams are what you make of them. I have many dreams, but one particular dream has been in my heart for as long as I can remember. And my father once taught me that the only way you can make your dreams come true, is if you fight for them. And I will fight for my dreams, no matter what it takes.

 "Don't forget dinner Tuesday, we need to leave for your aunt's house by 6.00 p.m. so that we can make it to dinner on time." My mother said to me as we pulled into the drive way. We just finished eating our regular Sunday meal at our favorite restaurant. The burger palace. My mother is the type of person that her reputation is so important.  She can not be one second late. She is always five minutes early unless there is too much traffic, or somebody is on the death bed.

She started to open the car door. I gently touched her arm, letting her know I wasn't ready to get out. We sat in the white car she purchased years ago. How ever old it is, it looks brand new. I didn't know how to tell her I want to move out and live with my aunt.  Her hand remains on the handle, but doesn't open it. It's as though she is holding onto it, to brace herself for what I have to say. My mother sometimes knows me better then I know myself. I know she is going to my news badly.

 "Mom, I actually want to talk to you about something.  I called Aunt Carissa the other day, some of my things are already packed."

"Well that's good if you are going to stay with her for the summer like always." She smiled at me that sweet smile of hers. This made it even harder, I bit my lip like I always do when I'm nervous. My hand still rested on hers.

"Mom, I don't want to just visit this summer we talked about having me live with her since tomorrow is  my last day as a senior and all. I'm 18, I want to move out." Her smile darkened into sadness as Rain started to fall from the gray sky.

 Maybe it wasn't just sadness because she began to yell at me. "Kyla, you can't leave me, you can't leave me like you're father did. This is not going to happen. I'm still your mother, I have a say in your decisions no matter how old you are!" As she yells my anger starts to build up inside of me now. but she opened the car door before I could yell back then slammed the door shut. walking up the side walk.

I opened my side of the car,  got out and slammed it harder then she did. As if to battle with her.

"This conversation is not over mom."  She turned around to look at me and stared into my eyes. Tears fell from her beautiful face. Mascara smeared down her face from the tears, with rain mixed together. Her blond hair she had so carefully straightened for dinner is now curly from the rain. She looked like a mess, I knew I was already soaked from the rain, and with emotions rising up in me I wonder what I look like. I thought to myself.

"Fine, what do you have to say? You know you aren't moving out with out me fighting for you to stay." As she spoke her hands moved in all sorts of directions. She always does that when she is mad, if we weren't in a serious fight I would always laugh at the hand motions. But this time it's serious, this is a fight I need to win.

I took a deep breath before saying something I would regret. " Mom I'm not leaving you like dad did, he up and left us mom. For no good reason. Or maybe it was a good reason but I wouldn't know because you won't ever talk to me about it. I'm sick of being treated like a child. I'm moving even if you don't like it It's my decision not yours. I want to go to college at the university of Florida."

Then I added on to something that would make her really mad.

  "You need to get on with your life. Dad isn't coming back, you haven't been on a date for over 8 years mom. I understand that part of it is my fault. You gotta get over him. And you have to let me go." I stared into her eyes, her eyes showed all of her emotions. Anger, hurt, loss, sadness. I didn't want to have to prove to her that I'm right, that I need to move to aunt Carissa's start school there. Start somewhere fresh.