Billion Dollar Contract

Chapter One

“Mr. Hanson will see you now.” The blonde secretary cut her eyes to me, glaring from behind her coke bottle glasses. I regarded her with a cold stare, assessing the emotion that came through those brown eyes. “Miss Simmons, Mr. Hanson will see you now.” I nodded in her direction, otherwise ignoring her.

I walked past her desk, aware of the blonde sending daggers into my back. I chuckled to myself and made my way to the large oak door at the end of the hallway. I straightened my black skirt, and made sure that each one of the buttons of my white shirt were done up correctly. It was important that I made a good impression. This interview could change my entire life, for better or for worse.

Taking a deep breath, I rapped my knuckles against the door twice. A gruff voice came from within, sending my heart up into my chest. “Come in.” With a shaky hand, I reached out and gripped the doorknob, turning it until the door opened. I took in a sharp breath, taking in the large, contemporary office. It was so sleek and chic, not something I would have expected in a man’s office. But then again, no one ever said that men couldn’t have taste.

A large mahogany desk sat in front of a wall length window, which overlooked Manhattan. I smiled to myself, having never seen something so breathtaking. It was like I was seeing the physical interpretations of my life goals. It was all I ever wanted, to be a successful fashion designer living in New York and dressing the brightest of stars. It was that dream that brought me here, to this man’s office.

The man looked up from a few papers that were scattered across his desk, and my hands got sweaty. He was a handsome man. His dirty blonde hair was mussed in every direction, as if he had just rolled out of bed, and his green eyes were cold. I wanted to cower under his scrutiny, but I forced myself to stand taller and raise my chin slightly.

“Hello, Mr. Hanson. My name is-”

He looked back down at his papers, cutting me off and causing my self confidence to deteriorate. “Sinclair Simmons. Yes, I know who you are. You are one of hundreds of women who responded to my advertisement.” He collected the papers he was looking at and piled them in a neat stack on the corner of his desk. “Please, have a seat.”

“Thank you, Sir.” I sat in one of the soft black chairs, relishing in the smooth feel of the leather. I would have never been able to afford something so high end. I even felt a bit uncomfortable just sitting on it.

He grunted a response and opened a drawer, pulling out a clipboard and a packet. “Alright, shall we begin, Miss Simmons?” I nodded, and he quirked an eyebrow in my direction.

“I mean, Yes, Sir.” How could I have forgotten to verbally acknowledge him? He had made it very clear on his online advertisement that he expected the utmost respect.

I could have sworn that his lips quirked up into a smirk, but the illusion was quickly replaced by a blank expression. “Very well, you read through all of the details, yes? Are there any questions or concerns?”

“Well, Mr. Hanson, I am not sure how I feel about moving into your home. If you should choose me for this particular… job then that would be something that we would need to talk about.” I turned my head, taking in the mahogany bookshelves that matched Mr. Hanson’s desk.