Hangman

####################################################################################

This is a new idea of mine I've decided to work on. I know it will badly need editing but would love to know what you all think of the actual writing itself, so if you could comment below I would love you forever <3

And please check out the work of NocturnalWriter13. Their story A brown eyed girl is a fantastic read!!

####################################################################################

Prologue.

I ambled quietly through the shadows, keeping my eyes trained on the male figure stumbling up ahead. I hoped he was heading home and that it wasn't much farther. I didn't think he had much time left before the sleeping pills I had slipped him at the bar earlier knocked him out entirely.

I ducked behind a nearby lavender bush as he tripped over his feet while attempting to negotiate a right turn onto the front path of a two storey brick home. I hoped this was it and that no-one else was home, that would ruin everything before it began. I watched as he withdrew a set of keys and started fumbling around before finally locating the right key and manoeuvring in the lock of the ordinary white front door before falling through the entrance the open door left. I waited a few minutes to see if he moved.

Nothing.

A grin slid across my face as I headed out of my hiding spot and up the path the unknown male had just taken.

I gripped him under the arms and pulled him out of the doorway, closing the door quietly with my foot before carefully placing the guy on the ground. I tip-toed through the house, thoroughly checking every room for signs of life.

Empty.

Perfect.

Re-entering the front room I got to work. Lifting the black backpack I had been carrying, from my shoulders, I pulled the set of latex gloves from the side pocket and slid them over my hands, flicking the cuff to make an echoing snapping sound to break the silence.

Next I pulled out a rope that ended in a noose, I had spent all afternoon making it perfect in preparation for tonight. I scanned the area of the house, looking for a location I could sling it over. There was a door to my left that I decided to check out. I opened the doors hopefully and was greeted with the beautiful sight of what must have been a coat closet, complete with a steel hanging rail fixed to the walls about seven feet from the floor.

I grabbed a small coffee table, from the nearby sitting room, and carried it towards the now opened closet doors, and placed it underneath the hanging rail and climbed on. I grabbed the rail and gave a few forceful tugs before lifting my feet from the table's surface, allowing the rail to support the whole of my 70kgs of lean body muscle. It didn't budge. I took this to be a sign that what I was doing was meant to be.

I hoisted the noose over the rail and loosely secured it.

I returned to the unconscious male, taking in his features properly for the first time. He had slightly curly brown hair resting on his head and his nose was coated in a light brown spattering of small freckles. He was maybe around five foot nine - not much taller than I, and kind of on the skinny side. His eyes were closed with thin, long black lashes resting across his lids.

I dragged him across the tiled floor by his under arms and lifted his form onto the waiting coffee table before propping him against the inside wall. I draped the noose over his neck, tightening it before pulling him up higher and tying the rope more securely to the rail to prevent the knot from loosening and giving way to gravity. I moved the coffee table out slightly to create the vision that the man had jumped from the table, and watched as his suspended body slightly twirled around.

With the amount of pills I knew he had ingested, I wasn't expecting a fight, and I didn't get one.

I patiently waited twenty minutes before checking his wrist and neck for a pulse.

Nothing.

I gathered my bag and slung it across my bag, satisfied that I had completed my task. Before leaving I gave the limp body a shove and walked out the front door, locking and closing it, listening to the gentle, rhythmic thumps of feet knocking against a wall.