Chapter 3: The Betrayed

A/N

The Betrayed is a 2008 American thriller film, directed by Amanda Gusack from her own screenplay and starring Melissa George, Oded Fehr andChristian Campbell.

The story follows a young woman as she's put through a psychological journey under the thumb of a mysterious figure who suspects her husband of stealing millions from a crime syndicate.

Gin's Point of View

                Umiling ako.  "Para kay Lolo.  He will be celebrating his birthday.  I preferred to buy him a watch.  My staff told me this store has the rarest finds, na hindi makikita sa mall.  Well, now I know its true.  I like that one."

                Napatingin si Chele sa tinuturo ko.  Napangiti ito.  "Ah.  The Ulysse Nardin, that's a rare find," ito na mismo ang kumuha sa display.  "You have a good taste," nakangiting sabi.  "Actually, it just came the other day.  Alex and Fredrick shipped that.  How lucky that its Alex finds this watch and now you are---," natigilan ito as she saw me.  

                Napakurap ako.  Trying to follow what she is saying but the only thing that came to my mind is a name.

                Napakurap si Chele ng makita ang blangko kong ekspresyon.  "I--oh, I am sorry Gin.  I forgot to mention that Alex has been shipping me some rare stuff since she knew I have this kind of store.  Well, at first it was Fredrick but since Alex is into modelling in San Francisco--."

                San Francisco?  So she's been there all this time.  And modeling?  I wanted to smirk.  How convenient.

                Napatiim ang labi ko.  I looked at the watch.  That's why it caught my attention.  She picked a very rare item.

                "I see," I said flatly.  

                Natigilan naman si Chele.  Parang napahiya ito sa dami ng naikwento she asked me instead if I want any other.

                Umiling ako.  "I'll take this one."