Chapter 6

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

“Hey, thanks for saving me a seat,” I told Simon gratefully as I flopped down on my chair.

“No problem.” He smiled at me from under his hood, his brown eyes twinkling. “So… how was History?”

“It was so great! Mr. Hammerhead is a genius… I’ve never learned so much in one hour – or heard so much utter nonsense, for that matter.”

“Told you so.” He had a satisfied look on his face. “Well, I guess you’ll like this teacher too. Want to guess what kind of supe she is?”

I took a look at the willowy woman at the front of the class. She had waist-length bronze hair and soft blue eyes. Her pale rose lips were curved into a sweet smile and she was just taking out her stuff. There was a kind of pink light around her, making her look like some kind of otherworldly angel or something.

“Fairy,” I decided immediately.

“Very good,” Simon complimented with a slight smile. “She’s great, although she does have her favorites. The girls at the front are her crew: she always gives them privileges.”

The girls he meant all looked dreamy and overly sweet, like they’d been sugarcoated and would have mint breath even in the morning before brushing their teeth. Two of them had a soft yellow glow, the other three had a baby blue light that shone around them, making everything look sweet and like a painting shop full of color samples for baby rooms.

“What is it with fairies that they shine that way? Or is it random?” I queried with a frown. I realized now I’d seen that glow around many people, and all of them seemed to be fairies.

“Shine? What do you mean?” He frowned at me.

“I mean the glow. The teacher is pink, and those girls at the front are like yellow and sweet blue. Don’t you see it?” I sweated, suddenly worried there was something wrong with me.

“Erm… no?” He was looking at me with huge eyes. “I glow too?”

“Well – yeah. You’re… sort of purple right now, but you were black earlier, and at lunch it was like grey.” I was embarrassed at confessing this: obviously I was even more of a freak than I’d already thought.

“Wow, okay, cool,” Simon commented. “What-”

But class started then and we couldn’t talk anymore. I felt grateful for the distraction, because I didn’t know if it was a good thing I saw a glow around fairies. I was probably going insane. Already.

“That was the most informative class like… ever,” I told Simon after Supernatural Basics. “I can’t believe everything I’ve been told in the past hour…”

“Well, you’d better,” Simon warned, smiling. “It’s all true.”

“So vampires can’t turn humans into vampires by biting them or anything? You can only become a vampire when your father is one? Through genes?”