Chapter 5 - I Guess I Ment Nothing To You.

- Three Days Later –

            It’s Friday and I can’t wait for today to end. Since its Friday, we’re getting out early which makes me very excited! Me, Tyler, Autumn, Zane, Charli, and Johnette are supposed to go to the mall after school today.

            I climbed into the shower and turned the water all the way up. It stung my skin but, made me feel fresh and clean. When I was done, I got out and walked into my bedroom. I had ‘The Dream’ again last night but, I’m kind of used to it now. It still hurts to think about him being gone, but I know he’s in a better place now.

                        My eyes glanced over at the clock and I saw it was time to go to the bus stop. I had straightened my hair today so it was a lot longer than usual. I wore a white crop top that said ‘LOVE’ in pink letters. I paired it with some shorts and neon green and pink Supras.

            As Autumn and I neared the bus stop I heard the sound of Charli’s voice getting louder and louder.

            “Hey Summer! Hey Autumn!” She squealed still far enough away that she was barely able to hear. Autumn ran ahead to talk with everyone, but I took my good ole sweet time. I wasn’t really in the mood to talk with everyone right now so, I continued at the slow pace I had been walking with Autumn just moments before.

            I searched for Tyler, but couldn’t see him in the crowds of people. Maybe he just wasn’t here yet. I mean he wouldn’t purposely not come to school just so he wouldn’t have to go to the mall with us, right?

            The sound of the bus pulling up drug me out of my thoughts. As I climbed the steps to the bus, I noticed there was still no sign of Tyler. ‘Maybe he was just running a little late today’ I thought to myself. I took my usual seat on the bus. The seat I had sat in with Tyler every day since I met him. Yet today was the first day I’d be sitting here alone.

            When I got off the bus in the school parking lot, I went straight for my locker. Tyler’s was right near mine so, I wanted to see if maybe he had a ride to school this morning. As I neared our lockers, I saw him standing there talking to a girl. Who is she? I hid over by my lockers hoping he wouldn’t notice me there and he clearly hadn’t since he continued his conversation with the girl and then kissed her before she strode off to her homeroom. Wait...they kissed?

            “Tyler? Who was that?” I said as I began to walk towards him questions racing through my mind.

            “Oh her? She’s just a friend.” Tyler said, sounding slightly nervous.

            “I don’t think friends kiss like that before one of them walks away. Who is she?” I said pressing on for more answers.

            “Sum, she’s my girlfriend. Emily.”

            “Your g-girlfriend? Tyler we kissed just days ago and yesterday you were single. Plus, I’ve never even seen this girl before.” I opened my locker and pulled out everything I’d need for homeroom and first period. I didn’t want to have to see him anymore than necessary.

            Before Tyler could say anything else to me, I stormed off into homeroom. Only thirty minutes until I didn’t have to see him for a whole period. Today I took a seat next to Autumn and Holly. As soon as I sat down they could tell something was up because I’ve only ever sat by Tyler.

            “What happened? And don’t try to deny it because I know something’s wrong.” Holly stated.

            “Tyler. I couldn’t find him at all at the bus stop this morning, so I went to see if he was by our lockers. He was there with some girl and they were talking and before she left they kissed.  I asked him what it was about and he said that was his girlfriend, Emily.”

            As soon as I had finished, a new student walked into our homeroom. Mr. Walker told us all to pay attention as she introduced herself to us.

            “Hi everyone. My name is Emily. I’m little miss perfect and whatever I say goes. I think I’m everything in this world and everyone else is below me. Oh, and Summer? That’s your name, yes? Well, I’m trying to steal the guy you like and mess up your entire year here.”

            Okay so maybe I exaggerated something. See it didn’t go EXACTLY like that, although it probably should have. Let me just say she’s as fake as they come and I can see right through her. But instead, it actually went like this.

            “Hi everyone. My name is Emily. I’m thirteen and lived in Wisconsin before coming here. This morning I already made tons of friends and I’m really excited to get to know all of you.” She said, but not before forgetting her totally fake smile and giving a small flip of her blonde hair.

            “That’s her.” I said to Holly and Autumn. They looked at one another before turning their eyes back to her.

            Who does this girl think she is? It’s her first day and already she’s interfering with the guy I like. Clearly, we were going to have some issues this year. I slumped down in my seat praying that homeroom would end soon. And PLEASE, don’t let me have any classes with her. I let out a long sigh and waited for the bell to ring.