Day 20- The One That Broke Your Heart The Hardest

Dear Bullies From Seventh Grade,

     I was expecting to write this letter to someone I used to like, or maybe even my parents, but I chose to write to you. I guess I could say you guys broke my heart. Seventh grade was hard because of all of you.

     All I wanted was to fit it and you guys made fun of me for liking someone who was in your group. Can I just mention how happy I was to get away from every single one of you? I don't know how much longer I could've put up with you douche bags. Two years passed by and I actually moved back to this horrid place I used to call home. As sad as it is for me, this is home. It's the first place I felt like I was actually being me. The time that I spent away was like when I found out who I really-really was. The new people I met, they changed me in the best ways. I will never be able to thank them enough for helping me "find myself." Then I found out that I had classes with you guys again, I became that scared middle schooler again. Even though I was terrified you'd remember me, I wanted you to see who I've become. I'm so different now. I can easily say that I'm more confident and definitely not as shy.

     As much as I want to say I hate you, I couldn't. You guys made fun of me, but that made me see that not everyone will like me. You talked about me, but that made me realize that not everything I hear is true. You guys used to smoke, drink, all that, and that made me realize that's just not me. I don't know why I tried so hard to be like you. I'm hoping you're still not like that. It'd be a shame.

P.S. Please excuse any mistakes!