Chapter 29: Trapped

I rolled around the bed, stretching my feet and arms out for a long time before I sat up, looking around the room. The lights were off but the natural light from the sun poured inside through the blinds and gave me a fresh feeling but only momentarily. 

I realized that Kash wasn't there and the house was very quiet and and I panicked, especially when I remembered what happened last night. I shook and looked around the room again, afraid to get up.

"Kash!" I called out. I didn't hear anyone answer and I slipped off of the bed. WIth my hand over my chest, I walked to the bathroom and started brushing my teeth. I got in the shower and freshened up. I was hot and sticky from barely being able to sleep last night. 

When I got out of the shower, I looked at my chest and checked for a mark but it was spotless, nothing was there. What did he take from me? I was still here. I'm breathing. What's going on, then? Maybe I imagined it. 

I left the bathroom and walked back into the room, putting on my underwear, a bra and one of Kash's shirts. It was dark grey and soft and was long enough to cover my behind unless I started doing jumping jacks or something. I looked at my hair in the mirror. I slept wild so it was flat on the right side so I found a rubbed band and put it in a ponytail, shivering when my hair tickled between my shoulder blades. 

I walked into the kitchen, ready to prepare breakfast for whenever Kash comes back but I saw a white piece of paper with black writing on the island. When I started reading it, I remembered what today was.

~Happy Birthday Cam! I'll be back soon, just relax but don't let your guard down. I fed Marbles already, so don't worry. Kash~

I found my self smiling really wide and I grabbed the paper and read it over and over again. This is the sweetest thing I have ever gotton for my birthday in my life and it's just a piece of paper with a black Sharpie marker. Why was Kash making me smile so hard? And I can't stop smiling as I placed the paper back down. 

Suddenly, my mind ran on what I admitted last night. I admitted to Kash and his dad that I loved him. But it's not an overpowerful love, I guess it's like a little crush or something. That can't be right....how would I know how to explain it. I just know that I love him and he admitted to loving me too but I want to be certain that he is telling the truth.

I went into the corner of the living room where Marbles was lying down by his bowl of food and poked his side and laughed at his purring. I stood up and sat down on the couch, reflecting on all that I've been through with Kash so far. 

We went from not knowing each other at all to....I guess loving each other. But how did we get here? Why do I love him? Why does he say he loves me if there is a possibility he might not love me? Why am I not honest with him and mad when he's not honest with me?

I was sort of happy that today is a Saturday so I don't have to go to work, maybe I can enjoy whatever Kash has planned.

After a while of just siting on the couch and waiting for Kash, I finally heard the loud engine of his Mustang and then it stopped. I was so anxious to see him and wanted to give him a hug so bad. I heard his car door slam and then his footsteps as he walked up the steps. He began unlocking the door and when he opened it, I smiled at him and for a minute he stood in the door way looking at me. A smile spread across Kash's face slowly as he entered and closed the door behind him, still standing there with a gift bag in his hand.