The Reveal

Felicity

I stay in the forest, muffling my sobs until I regain my composure. That takes ages. Every time I think I'm going to stop crying I let out another gut wrenching sob. I'm not just crying for the fact that my mate is someone my best friend wants to kill, but also for Sam and for Jett. I haven't cried in year so I let everything out. As soon as I hear the crunching of footsteps I back the hell up.

"Felicity?" Caleb's voice meets my ears. I stay silent and still where I am, concealed by the thick trunk of the tree. He lets out a shaky laugh, "I don't know how the hell I know, but I know you're there."

When my mother had first told me of the strong pull you felt towards your mate I never thought it'd be this strong. My body feels as if it's on fire and Caleb is the one to extinguish it. I step out from the tree into view and place my hand up in defence before he comes any closer.

"Don't come near me."

"I can't not," he said as if it hurt him. He looks down at the ground and awkwardly rubs the back of his neck. "I think I love you."

"No! Don't say that!" if that was meant to make me feel better it didn't.

"I'm an idiot. I'm sorry," he pouts in an ever so cute way. Oh My God. I need him. "Earlier you said we were mates... what does that mean?"

I shake my head and look down, "You don't want to know."

"Of course I want to know. I want to know everything about you."

I let out a little laugh, "You sound like a stalker."

He gives me a little apologetic smile, "At this point I can't control what I do or say." He looks at me closer before I duck my head back down again.

"Are you crying?"

"No!" I blink quickly. Damn I thought he wouldn't be able to tell.

Suddenly he's right in front of me, wiping the excess tears on my face with his thumb. I quickly in hale, smelling the alluring smell of him. A mixture of coffee beans and mint. I melt into his arms.

"Oh Jesus," I grumble.

"Is this normal for mates?" he asks, his arms around me. I look up at him.

"You don't even know what mates are."

He shrugs, "I trust you." 

I give a little laugh, "Why didn't this happen in school?"

Caleb lifts my face up to look at him, "You go to my school?" I give a nod. "I didn't know..."

"I didn't know either until I heard your name," I pause, considering telling him why I know of him. Oh fuck it. "You bully Jett Storme," I finish quietly.

He tenses.

"I'm sorry," he tells me in a soft and almost childlike voice.

"Why are you apologizing to me? You should be apologizing to Jett," I snap, almost pulling back if it weren't for how good he smells.

"As if his bodyguard would let me five meters away from him," Caleb scoffs.

"Sam is practically my brother," I reply. "So to tell him that you and I are mates would be a very bad thing..."

"Because he wants to castrate me," Caleb nods understandingly. "I get that. I was a dick."

"Was?" I ask, confused.

"Then I met my mate. No more being a dick. I promise."

"Thank you," I move back from him, step by step until I'm quite a few meters away. "Stay right there!"

Caleb looks at me with a terribly cute confused expression. I take a few deep breaths and shut my eyes. A shiver goes up my spine just as I'm about to shift. With this loose dress that I am clad in it's easy enough to slip out of it in mid shift without showing any skin. With a snap I'm in my wolf form, looking at everything through much more vivid eyes.

I keep my distance from Caleb, afraid of his reaction. He stays standing, which is a shock to me. I had expected him to take off running.

He slowly nods. "I did a project in school one time about wolves... I guess that's how we're mates."

I stay where I am, watching him with cautious eyes as he slowly makes his way over to me. In this form I reach just below his ribs. He softly strokes my curly fur.

"You're a pretty wolf," he tells me. I let out a bark of laughter and nuzzle his waist with my nose.

He shivers a little, presumably from the night air.

I take his t-shirt softly between my teeth and pull him to the tree I had sat by earlier. He seems to get the message and sat down beside me. I move in such a way that he's leaning on me, absorbing some of my heat.

Being covered in this much fur is handy at times like this.

He smiles at me and massages my paw, which feels so good right now. We just lie there, savouring each other's essence.

Eventually Caleb falls asleep, curled up by my side. His features soften and he looks like a small innocent child that I have to protect. I nuzzle his face with my own, heating him. He lets a sleepy smile spread across his face.

I love him.

*

I am so sorry that this is short but I had a time limit D:

Updates might be a little slow this week. FUCK YOU MOCKS.

But if you would like to I have a boyxboy up called 'Under My Skin' another fantasy if you'd like that. Only two chapters so far but I plan on updating soon.

I love you all for voting and commenting aw (': Makes me smile so much, you have no idea.

Right votes for next chapter: 47 (might be slow I remind you yet again!)

Love you all <3