Chapter Four

Jay turned to me and smirked at my shocked expression.

"Stay right here, princess. If they catch a girl here, I'm dead," He said seriously.

I just laughed at his stern expression and nodded. Yeah, pshh like I'd get caught. No one could see me if I tried.

I watching his retreating back and leaned against the wall in the shadows. I figured since I was there I'd watch the Jay Carmichael in action. This was like seeing a unicorn and I smiled as I realized I was the only person at school who had ever and would ever get the chance to see this.

Jay was across the room in deep discussion with a very intimidating man in a blue suit. The man frowned said something which clearly made Jay happy because he grinned cockily and made his way over to a professional looking boxing ring. All the men in the room began to talk more excitingly as they closed around the ring for a closer look. As another man, probably in his twenties, hopped into the ring, I lost sight of the whole ordeal because of the crowd.

I squinted and frowned. Whatever, I thought as I pushed off the wall. as I went to push through the crowd, I remembered I was invisible and also untouchable. With that, I walked right through all the men in the back to the front. I cross my arms and grinned as I took in the scene.

Jay didn't see me luckily so as he stripped off his hoodie, I got a good look at his body yet again. Unlike before though while we arguing, this time I really appreciated his body. He was incredibly fit and clearly a hard worker judging by the muscles. I couldn't figure out how I didn't notice all the tattoos before, though.

His entire back/shoulder on his right side was covered by some kind of flames and his left arm had half a sleeve of tattoos, stretching down to just below his elbow. From far away I couldn't totally tell, but I thought I saw some words on his ribs. Frankly, between the muscles and tattoos, Jay did not look like someone I would want to cross.

However, when I looked at the guy directly across the ring, I sucked in a breathe of surprise. Up close the guy was huge. He didn't have as many tattoos but he had a scar across his face that would've sent my upper class ass running in any other direction that wasn't right there.

As they sized each other up, I bit my lip in anticipation. I found myself hoping Jay didn't get hurt because he was the only communication I'd had all day so I felt myself growing attached. What would I do without a living, breathing human to talk to me? It wasn't like I had any ghost friends.

A pudgy man in the middle of the ring brought the two together to shake hands and before I knew it, they were squared up on each other, ready to pounce.

Jay's huge opponent threw the first punch, so fast I swore it would knock Jay out but he dodged even faster, leaving me wide-eyed and in awe. The first couple minutes of the fight consisted of the big man throwing punches  and kicks and Jay dodging or blocking nearly all of them. Finally, the big man managed to land one solid punch in the jaw and I saw a change in Jay.

He went from being on the defensive to suddenly throwing lightening fast punches and kicks every which way. While his opponent reacted to a left hook to the face, Jay would attack his abdomen with his right. It continued for close to a minute when suddenly the big man misstepped and Jay's fist connected with his eye.

As if in slow motion, the man fell like a sack of bricks. Out cold.

The men around me roared and the pudgy man held up Jay's hand, yelling "the winner is Carmichael!" As the room bustled back to life preparing for the next fight, I saw huge exchange of money and Jay's grinning face. The man in the blue suit he was talking to first, handed him a rather hefty stack of bills and Jay turned away, ready to leave, when he caught sight of me. Standing exactly where he asked me not to. Oops.