Chapter 1 | Introductions

Running down the hall, stumbling along the way in my black 3 inch high heels, I slowed down my pace before flattening out my apron and pushing open the double doors, walking through them.

I watched the middle aged woman pace back and forth in front of the large fireplace located in the dimly lit room. Sitting at the very end of the large dining table was a man who looked to be in his late forty's.
He had green eyes and minimal dirty blonde hair which was combed and gelled back neatly. He was dressed in a dark grey suit which wasn't too fancy, but you could tell he had enough money to own his car company.

His wife, the woman I had noticed when I'd first walked into the room had short, blonde almost curly hair and was wearing an olden style almost fancy black dress with matching heels and pearl earrings. Again, you could tell how much fortune she had just by looking at the jewellery that almost covered her body, from the necklaces that hung off her neck, to the bracelets and rings clutching onto her wrists and bony fingers.

Someone else, who I had not noticed before was a boy, around my age, sitting in one
of the middle seats of the dining table with his head in his hands and his elbows propped up on the table.
He had blonde hair which was styled perfectly into a small quiff hairstyle on the top of his head. As for his clothing, he didn't look as fancy as what I assumed to be the boys parents did, but he did dress well with a white long-sleeved button up shirt and dress pants, which I could see under the table. He looked bored out of his brains.

The teenage boy let out a sigh and his arms gave way, resting his head on the table. I giggled at his actions, and the lady, who I'd believed to be known as Elizabeth, spun around, greeting me with a warming smile.

"Ah, Belinda. I was starting to think you'd never arrive"

"Yes, sorry ma'am. I'm a bit late due to car troubles"

"Oh it's alright. You're here now, thats the main thing. I'm Elizabeth and this is my husband Leonard, and my son Lucas." So that's his name.

Leonard stood up and came over to shake my hand and Lucas gave me a greeting nod, which I returned.

"Here Belinda, take a seat" Leonard gestured to one of the empty seats on the table. I sat in the middle one, opposite their son.
"So dear. Tell us a bit about yourself"

"well, my name is Belinda Frisch, I am 17 years old and I live in an apartment by myself. I used to live with my mum and my younger brother, but that was when I lived way up north In Manchester. My mums name is Lucinda French, and my little brothers name is Benjamin, who has the same last name as me." I explained, deciding to leave the names long to sound more formal.

Lucas' P.O.V.

I don't know what my parents want me in here for. Apparently we have this new maid for our Mansion, but this girl is specifically for me. She is to clean my room, bathroom, do my laundry and basically clean up after me.
I feel quite sorry for whoever is coming in, so I decide I will try to clean up after myself as much as possible to try to avoid too much work for her.
I hear she's quite young so I hope we will get along well. I allow my arms to collapse underneath me, resting my head on the newly polished table which we hardly ever use, and before I could think any more about this mystery girl, I hear a faint giggle in front of me. My head snaps up and I am looking at this gorgeous girl with long, straight light brown hair and beautiful blue eyes. Wow.

"Ah, Belinda. I was starting to think you'd never arrive" my mother spoke to the girl, who I have figured out was named Belinda.
"Yes, sorry ma'am. I'm a bit late due to car troubles. She smiled back.
"Oh it's alright. You're here now, thats the main thing. I'm Elizabeth and this is my husband Leonard, and my son Lucas." She shook my fathers hand, and I gave her a nod with my head, which she returned.

Belinda. I liked the sound of that. I continued observing her as she say down at the table opposite me and continued on to tell my parents a bit about herself. To be honest, I wasn't very interested in what she was saying at the moment. It's not that I find her boring, it's quite the opposite actually. She was distracting me with her looks. She really is beautiful.

Just then I was disrupted from my daydream, which I was happy for, because I didn't want to be caught staring, although I think it was already too late for that.
My sister was stood in the doorway, disturbing the calming atmosphere in the room. She strode into the room and sat down immediately next to Belinda, who smiled at her and continued telling us about about herself.

"My dad left home when I was seven years old so-"

"Wait, so your dad left you?" My obnoxious sister cut her off. I rolled my eyes.
I noticed Belinda shift uncomfortably in her seat as she muttered a quiet, yet polite
"yes", answering El's unneeded question.

"Why on earth would he do that?" El gasped, and I seriously wanted to hit her there and then

"Um, I don't know..." Belinda's gaze fell to her hands in her lap, studying their movement.

"Surely you know why. Tell us" Eliza pushed.

"Um..." Belinda seemed really uncomfortable, so I decided to step in.

"El, just drop it, ok? It's obviously an uncomfortable topic for her so just leave it" I actually almost shouted at her.

As I stood up from my chair, I walked over to the door leading out to the hall which eventually ended at my room. I stopped, and turned around, making eye contact with Belinda, since everybody was turned around and looking at me.

"It was nice meeting you, Belinda. I hope to see you around"
She smiled and replied with a
"you too", and I walked all the way to my room, before getting changed out of my uncomfortable fancy cloths and into some sweats and climbing into my king sized bed, realising how tired I actually am. I smiled to myself before falling into a deep slumber.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!
So I hope you like the first chapter! Sorry if it's a bit boring, I'm just introducing everyone.

Anyways I hope you like it, and please vote, comment your opinion, and share with your friends and wattpad buddies! Ehe :3

I have edited this a bit so if you re read it, you may notice its in greater detail, and there should be no typos.

Love ya
-B xo