Part 23

King Ryan's P.O.V

I was tired. Since I signed the peace treaty with Razzardus I was having horrible nightmares. I sat upright on my bed where I was trying to sleep and looked towards the clock. 12:27. The weird thing about my dreams was the girl. In every single dream there was a girl that I don't know. I remember my father telling me about how he met my mother, about the dreams he had days prier to them actually meeting each other. But I didn't want a true love. Not now, not while the world is the way it is.

I am struggling to just keep my own people safe, how can I ask a women to spend her life with me if that meant putting so much strain on her, not to mention the danger she would be in. Even in the dreams about her I kept seeing her die, and no matter what I do to try and save her she just gets killed by this fire breathing dragon. I know it's just a dream but it feels so real. And that terrifies me.

My father was from the Zevron race which meant he could feel the approach of his soul mate, if a Zevrons mate dies the Zavron dies as well, but since my mother is a werewolf she didn't die but she still lost her mate causing her to go into a state of depression. On the day I lost my father I also lost my mother, her soul was scattered in pain and loss, and I couldn't lose my true love too. I just couldn't.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on my door.

"Enter" I screamed. The door opened to reveal one of my personal guards.

"Yes?" I asked, I was actually hoping for something urgent to have happened so I could get that girl out of my head.

"Your majesty" the guard said taking a long bow "there is a problem in one of the cells. It seems like two prisoners has escaped." he said hurriedly

"What? How? Did they not have collars?" I asked confused. Since the collars were installed no prisoner has dared try to escape.

"They did, my liege, but according to the physical chambers guard, that we found in one of the prisoners cells, the prisoner had a mental power and not a physical as we were led to believe by the guard that brought her in. She must have rescued the other." he rambled

"You didn't test her?" I asked outraged, there could be a murderer on the lose and all because my guards were to lazy to do a test

"No your majesty, the guard that brought her in clearly stated that she was a physical, an elemental to be exact." he said quickly

"And what if that guard was working with them so they could get into the castle?" I asked still angry. The guard didn't reply, his posture showing his discomfort

I give a sigh dragging my hand through my hair. Well I wanted something urgent to happen. Be careful what you wish for. I thought as I looked back towards the guard "I'll handle this. You find the guard that brought them in. Understood?" I asked before pushing past him, making my way towards the dungeons.

I quickly made my way down the stairs, but as soon as I walked into the first room of the guards quarters I froze. There was bodies everywhere. Six of them, but on closer inspection I saw that none of them were killed. I slowly walk towards the Captain of the Cell guards that was standing in the middle of the room looking at nothing. I walked in front of him and, just as I suspected, he was under mind control. Impressive power this prisoner has.

"Captain!" I said letting the power I had seep into my voice. Suddenly it was like a fog was lifted. He looked around confused.

"Where? Where is she?" he asked before recognising me

"Excuse me your majesty, but there was a women. She escaped!" he said after giving a long bow.

"I know, did you see where she went?" I asked wishing that they would stop bowing and start giving me some answers.