Chapter 26 -I spy with my little eye...

I still do NOT own Naruto or anything, this is just a Fanfic..............But I DO own Leaha/Saki and Kale AND THEIR PLOT
ALSO!!! when something is in * * that means its inside her head (mostly Kale talking, but some is Leaha) when something is in " " that means its outloud (cause when she's alone Leaha/Saki finds it annoying to think everything, so it switches back and forth a little)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 26 -~-

I kept a careful watch as we traveled towards our goal; all my senses heightened and on alert for anything that may pose a threat. I smiled smugly as I felt the extra weight in my shirt pocket shift with my movement; you wouldn’t think two scrolls would be so heavy. My smile shifted into a smirk; lady luck has been generous to us lately, it was almost too easy to steal their earth scroll.

 After Sasuke and I returned, with Sasuke sporting a bruise on his back, we all settled down to eat. Naruto got his fish as promised; Kale and I even forgave each other, but things still stayed a little tense. The night was uneventful; Kale kept watch most of the time again, but switched off every so often with someone else. I could tell the moment I woke up that today was going to be lucky; I didn’t have a single nightmare that night.

 **Flashback**

 “We should head north farther into the forest; we can search around there for the other scroll,” Sasuke spoke. “Might as well, I already checked the east and south yesterday and didn’t find a thing,” I agreed. We broke camp and trekked through the forest, keeping a careful eye out for another team.

 I had been scanning the area we passed for chakra signals for hours before finally getting a hit. I held up a hand and signaled for the others to stop, 500 meters ahead was a resting three man squad. I peered closer, I couldn’t tell for sure because they were suppressing their chakra, but they didn’t seem to powerful.

 I motioned that I had found a team, Sakura and Sasuke understood, while Naruto stared at me confused. I rolled my eyes and slowly mouthed my discovery, comprehension flashed across his features and he gave me a thumbs up. I sighed inaudibly, made a hand sign and created 20 clones, Kale joining them a moment later. “Naruto make 20 clones,” I ordered quietly.

 He obliged, “ok, each of you go with one of my clones, listen and do whatever they say. Do you understand me?” I said slowly. “Believe It!” one shouted, he was promptly smacked upside the head, “rule number one: STAY QUIET!” my clone hissed. “Go surround them and check them out, but make sure you keep a good distance away.” “No problem chief,” Kale smirked, giving me a two finger salute before leading them off.

 Once they had a head start I lead the others in, “how is sending clones to do recon going to help us?” “Especially when half of them are Naruto’s,” Sakura and Sasuke questioned. “HEY!” Naruto half shouted, I gave him a warning look, “Kale will let me know what their status is and then if we ambush them they can be overpowered more easily.”

 “But how are you gonna know what…” I held up a finger as Kale spoke up, *yepp three of them, from the leaf village, no namers, but they look familiar.*  *Be there momentarily, do they seem tough?*  *No they’re scuffed up a bit but seem to have avoided a fight so far.*  “Alright, we can head forward, they’re from the leaf village but a team we don’t know; now what were you saying?”

 “How do you know that?” Sakura looked at me with wide eyes, I chuckled and pointed to my head, “Kale,” I merely supplied. “You can communicate through thought,” Sasuke stated, “basically yeah,” I whispered, half turning my head back to look at them.