Chapter 21 - 'I Was John Tuckering All These Guys'

This chapter contains adult themes so do not read on if you're not comfortable. They made this story rated -r anyway so why not? *wiggles eyebrows suggestively* Enjoy x

I strutted down the street matching the beats of Krystal Harris as ‘Super Girl’ played – I swear my life was the Princess Diaries soundtrack. I was walking down Park Street, in my own bubble, just how I liked it. Everything was as it always was – there was a group of young children driving their parents mad by running around, someone was running after the bus like it held Ryan Gosling on it and I was going to the place where I would have to face the realities of what went down yesterday. It would have been easier trying to sort through my thoughts if it wasn’t for the kiss replaying in my head over and over again. It was like that time in Gossip Girl where after Dan and Blair kissed he couldn’t stop thinking about her and in this case I was Lonely Boy, or Gossip Girl herself I should say after that startling revelation.

I pushed my hair back as I felt my lips tingle, that was one hell of a kiss. Drew had felt so good against me; however, I was more shocked that he thought we had ‘something’. It was almost as surreal as watching Batman hit on Jo March every time Little Women was on, even more so than managing to get through Winona Ryder’s questionable performance. I had come to like the guy a lot more than I could ever have thought possible given our past interactions but the look of hurt on his face gave me the impression he wanted it to mean something a lot more than I did.

It had not been nothing, no kiss is ever nothing even in the heat of the moment, but I had been so panicked seeing Finn’s crestfallen face that the words tumbled out of my mouth before I could even think about the implications. The fact neither one had bothered to stop and listen to me showed just how much faith they had in a ‘slut’ like me. The virgin was a slut for choosing to kiss whoever she damn well pleased and my heart was more pained by the fact that sweet, gentle Finn had that perception of me…it hurt more than what Harry did because he didn’t know me like Finn did.

The soundtrack to my life was stopped when I got an incoming call; my bliss was once again interrupted. “What is it?” I sighed as took my headphones out to place the phone against my ear. “I’m currently having a pity party for one and you’re not invited.”

And then a deep voice spoke up as I cringed away from the phone. “Sophia, is that anyway to speak to your dad? And where are you? We have to go pick your mother up and I want to get there before your grandmothers new boyfriend starts his shift. Most people go to the hospital and pick up the common cold or pessimism but no, my mother has to get with the doctor and –“

I rolled my eyes at his ramblings. “Dad, calm down. I just have a few things I need to do so I’ll meet you there.”

“Sophia, are you ok? You’ve been acting weird since you came in yesterday…”

His voice was drowned out as I came face to face with Drew’s door which was staring down at me all menacingly, challenging me like the guy who was behind it. Honestly, I had no idea what I was doing at his place. I’d call and text him but he never got back to me and it scared me how much that hurt me – I didn’t like that he had that much control over my emotions that him not answering my call caused me to lie in bed listening to Marina as I played different scenarios over in my head of how it should of gone between us.

“I’m fine. Listen, I have to go but I’ll see you soon!” I chirped as I ended the call before he could say anything else.

I’d text Jamie asking for their address earlier and he was nice enough not to quiz me as to why I hadn’t prying it out of his brother. Drew’s car was parked outside so I knew he was in yet that did nothing to calm my heart, now I was here I felt my legs turn to jelly from nerves. What the hell would I say to the guy? What did he want me to say? In my head Drew would answer the door, I would inform him that it was best to end whatever this was before it started and then we would go back to being friends. However, in life things very rarely go the way you expect them so I wasn’t expecting much.