Chapter Five

ChapterFive

~Serenity~

We sat there looking at each other with my hands still placed on the sides of his head for about an hour which easily felt like a few moments instead. I started to move my hands from the sides of his head down to the ruff of his neck just to see what his fur felt like. As my hands got to his neck they instantly sunk into the soft and plush fur there. A small smile graced my lips as I started grasping fist fulls of it and and running my hands through it.

I could feel him watching my every movement and couldn't help but feel shy and awkward. He was still laying down with me kneeling in front of him with his eyes locked on me. I decided to look at him for a second thinking that I could look away straight away; yeah I was wrong. I couldn't look away from those beautiful chocolate eyes. All of a sudden I started getting this weird feeling in my stomach and I started to feel nervous so I forced my eyes to look at the ground. I felt my cheeks start to warm up thanks to the blood that I just recently consumed.

I removed my hands from the beautiful wolf and put them on my lap and shook my head so my hair was covering my face as I looked at the ground. I feel so embarrassed right now and I have no idea why. I didn't realize I was moving away from him until he started moving closer to me.

My beloved put his head down in front of me so he could look up at my face which gave me a fright so I turned my head to the side and felt my face getting warmer and the feeling in my stomach start to get stronger. I pursed my lips to try and control myself from tackling him in a hug since that was all I wanted to do and clenched my hands that were placed on my lap. Then I got this amazing idea.

I quickly stood up which made my beloved stand up as well going straight into defence mode, most likely thinking there was danger somewhere. I quickly placed my hand on him to try and sooth him and he relaxed immediately and stood up properly. When he was standing in front of me I didn't realize just how tall he was. His head reached basically up to my nose while his body was up to my shoulders.

Bloody hell! He's almost as tall as me! And I'm pretty tall, well at least I think I am. He was definitely taller than 4^7 ft making him one of the top three ranks which is kind of intimidating but there was no way I was scared of him. I knew he wouldn't hurt me, I'm his beloved for goodness sake's!

I moved so I was directly in front of him and put our heads together and closed my eyes. I took a deep breath in so I could fill my lungs with his scent; his scent was filled with mint and nature with a hint of citrus as well. He also had this very unique smell to it as well but I just couldn't place it. It was so intoxicating that it felt like I could get high from it by just standing there. I opened my eyes and saw that he also had his eyes closed. Perfect. I smiled and took in one more deep breath before I ran.

I ran through the woods but not too fast since I wanted him to catch up. After about two seconds I could hear him chasing after me. I glanced behind me and saw him breaking through the trees I just passed so I gave him a wicked smile and a wink before I booked it. I ran just along the border line knowing that he was right behind me. I slowed down the slightest and he was right on my heels. I turned around so I was running backwards and looked at him. I could see the amusement in his eyes as he looked at me so I decided to be cheeky.

"Your gonna have to be faster than that if you want to catch me!" I say which he lets out a playful growl to and letting his tongue lull out before I turn around, just missing a tree that was right in front of me. I hear a crash so I turn around and see that he just ran straight through it.

"Oh, how graceful." I murmur while rolling my eyes at him. He just shows his teeth which I'm guessing is him giving me a grin showing that he heard me. I shake my head with a smile and stop dead in my tracks and turn facing him as he's running. His eyes grow wide and just before he gets to me he jumps over me since he was going to fast to stop. He lands behind me and skids to a stop. I quickly take up the opportunity of him being distracted and run as fast as I can back to the clearing letting out a loud laugh. I hear him quickly chase after me but I was already at the clearing in record time. As I make my way into the clearing I go and sit atop of the boulder with my legs crossed and wait for him.