Prologue

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude."-Maya Angelou

Prologue

December's Pov.

My life was normal until Hunter came running into it. Literally. I was literally standing on the sidewalk and he ran into me, but that's later in the story. Anyway I wasn't the smartest, and no I wasn't the goody-goody. I was a normal girl, two parents, an uncle, and a best friend. I was fine not having interactions with boys, I stayed out of their way and they didn't approach me often.

I'm not one of those low self esteem having girls, so you don't have to worry about that, this is more about how I met Hunter and how he managed to weasel his way into my life and make some changes.

It all started on a normal Friday, it was early in my senior year and I was at lunch like any normal person.

I was sitting at my regular lunch table, 3rd row back from the cafeteria doors. I was waiting on Anna, my best friend to get here so I wouldn't look so much like a loner. When she finally did get there, she had a taco in hand and a Sunkist in the other.

"Let's go outside to sit today December, its nice and sunny. What's the point in living in California if we don't enjoy the weather?" Anna complained, and it was her usual complaint. Anna was the same as me, if not quieter. She was a real nice person and wasn't one to talk bad about anyone. Not even when she was provoked, and that always annoyed me.

We were both quiet and we weren't bothered by anyone other than Kristofferson James(The name is From Fantastic Mr. Fox no NONE FROM Frozen), who has some type of weird thing for me. He was the football player, tall, blonde, normal jock type. He liked to mess with me, and I didn't like all the unwanted attention to be honest.

I picked up my sour cream and onion potato chips and my Sprite, and with a sigh swung my legs over the bench, got up and walked outside beside Anna.

I walked out the doors and felt the sunrays on my face for five seconds when my bag of chips and drink were knocked out of my hand and I was balanced by two warm hands. I looked up into two hazel eyes knowing exactly who they belonged to.

I pushed him away from me and crossed my arms over my chest. "You owe me a Sprite and some Lays, Hunter" I mumbled. He gave me a heartbreaker smile, that I was sure was meant to make me swoon but it only made me glare harder. I wasn't the girl to fall for his charm and I wasn't going to today either.

He stood up his regular height which was pretty tall; and I wasn't going to try to estimate I just know it was over 5"11. I was only 5"2 so he was towering over me. "So what's your name?" He asked with a smirk on his pretty face. He had shaggy brown hair and beautiful hazel brown eyes, he was the normal heartthrob and a lot of people thought he was cute, and I wasn't going to deny him that fact. I just think it takes more to gain my attention than a pretty face. If that wasn't the case, then I would've given Kris a chance.

"Why does it matter?" I asked softly, avoiding his eye contact. I looked over his shoulder and saw his best friend Tristan staring me down. They were the resident bad boys, raising hell all over town, and making my Uncle (Police Chief) angry. Since I was his only niece that was 17, and went to school with Hunter he made sure to give me a rule book on why I should stay away from Hunter. Rule number 1, and most important is that he's been to jail.

Anyway, Hunter looked down at me, and I know because I could feel his eyes on my cheek. "Because then I can remember to replace your chips." His reply was simple and nice, and it made me think twice before judging him, but I knew his record and I wasn't going to let that make me think of him any different.

I didn't think Hunter was a bad person, I just knew he wasn't a good one. He looked like he screamed danger but looked like his danger was fun. He was known for spray painting walls, setting off alarms, throwing stink bombs in school, ect.

"December," I replied and the bell rung, so I left him there and walked away to my next class with Anna quietly by my side. I knew she'd ask questions in her own time.

The rest of the day passed by slowly and nothing eventful happened. Though I had a couple of classes with Hunter, he didn't even show up; not that I was surprised.

I waved goodbye to Anna who made her way to her mom's car and I started on my walk home. The sun was beaming down, but in a gentle way, as if it was smiling and making you aware of its presence. There was a soft breeze of cool air, enough to where you wouldn't be melting from the heat.

I walked up to my house, it was modest and in a nice neighborhood. My mom and dad weren't home yet, so I took off my shoes at the door and made my way up to my room. I sat in my normal seat at my windowsill and brought out my book that I was reading. I would glance out the window after every fifth page, something that was normal for me to do. This was pretty much my daily routine until my parents came home, and my mom made dinner.

When I looked up again, I saw a familiar looking head of hair. I looked harder and I could tell that it was Hunter. I sat here every day and I never saw him walk this way period. He had his earphones in so I was sure he wasn't paying attention to anything in particular. Then as if he felt my eyes his eyes darted towards my window, and I jumped out of the view. But I was sure it was too late, and he probably saw me.

When I finally looked back out the window, Hunter was already across the street and walking down it, but I could see a small smirk on his face. Little did I know that, that was the one smirk of the millions I'd now see because of Hunter.

My mom came home a couple of hours later and yelled for me to come down stairs. I bound down the stairs two at a time and slid into the kitchen where I knew she'd be.

"I found chips and a Sprite on the doorstep with a note attached. I'm sure it's for you because it's your favorite snacks, there's a note but I didn't bother to read it." Her back was towards me because she was already over the stove cooking.

"Thanks mom." I smiled and I ran back up the stairs to my room.

I tore open the chips and started to chomp on them before reading the note.

Here's the chips and Sprite I promised, January.- Hunter

I smiled to myself, but then I knew that Hunter had seen me. Then I frowned because he called me the wrong name. I rolled my eyes and rolled up the bag on my chips and went down for dinner.

COMMENT, VOTE, AND PLEAASE FAN! FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @LalasBookss

Every month name will be stated in this book, I understand its your bday month but you dont have to comment about it. Happy Bday I guess.

This books will take it's time the love with NOT be rushed at all.

She's a girl with the best intentions, he's a man of his own invention. She looked out the window he walked out the door but she followed him and he said, "What'cha lookin' for?" She said, I want something that I want;Something that I tell myself I need something that I want and I need everything I see. He's been livin' in a pure illusion she's gonna come to her own conclusion right when you think you know what to say someone comes along and shows you a brand new way. It's so easy to make believe, it seems you're livin' in a dream. Don't you see that what you need is standing in front of you?-Something That I Want, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals