Chapter 1

I would love to interact with all of my readers more so I'm providing my social media for you all.

***
A little "Before You Read"

Just wanted to address something really quick, for those of you who may be new, this book was available in its entirety for free for years here on Wattpad. When I was blessed with the opportunity to publish it unfortunately that meant as a published book that I was selling I couldn't keep the entire copy up on my here as part of the terms of my contract.

HOWEVER, since my contract has now ended the full book is now back up here! If you skipped the first two prior sections that I posted about the book publishing, I wanted to point out that this version will be the unedited one.

Totally unrelated to the publishing lol I've also noticed that a lot of you guys get really frustrated with Gemma at times as the story progresses and honestly I love it lol. The fact that you guys can feel certain emotions for a character means I did my job as an author. However, I also wanted to clarify that I made Gemma the way she is on purpose. The point in making her say the things she does or act the way she does is to show how different people react when they are put in life or death situations like this. People panic, say things they may not mean, and act in ways they wouldn't normally otherwise. If I made her do and say all the rights things and act like this perfect person in a situation like this that wouldn't really be realistic in my opinion.
So, for my first time readers please keep this in mind as you read. :)

Lastly, I wrote this when I was 17/18. I'm in my 20's now. So, going back and reading this is definitely a cringe fest BUT it's my first baby so I can't get rid of her lol.

If I haven't dissuaded you from reading at this point, then happy reading!

~JaeJae

***
You'd think this would go without saying but due to recent events apparently not.

This story is the SOLE property of the author (ME) and is NOT allowed to be copied, plagiarized, translated, or distributed on other sites, etc.

All rights are reserved by ME.

If any of you see my story anywhere other than here on Wattpad without any notice by me saying otherwise it has been copied and should not be there so please let me know immediately so it can be dealt with.

And this should also go without saying but please refrain from leaving comments telling people "Hey, if you want to read the full book for free illegally you can just use this site" Seriously with all the hard work I put into getting my book published for people to just blatantly tell others to go to a website that stole my work and put it up without my permission to read it there is a big F U to me as the author and makes all the work I put in to get my book published a waste. Plus it's now up for free here again anyway soooo yeah.