Chapter 10

Laila's P.O.V.

I have no idea how long I was in there.
Never had I cried so hard.

I don't want to be here.

I don't want to go home.

I don't want to be anywhere.

All these foreign thoughts are running around in my head. Things that I wouldn't dare think of only hours ago.

But this was now.
I felt lost. I always did, but there was nothing to look for anymore.
I realized the reason Millie had wanted me to come when I opened the door. I realized her message.

She wanted to show me the alliance was over in a way she knew I'd remember.
No one forgets their first love.
Or their first heartbreak.

After an eternity of crying, I hear the door of the bathroom open. I spin around quickly, tears streaming down my face.

A pretty Hispanic 8th grader stood staring at me. She had long chestnut hair and a cute girly face. Her eyes where a nice shade of brown and the were filled with recognition.

I studied her face.

"What do you want?" I asked helplessly.

She shrugged and walked closer to me, examining me.
I looked at her strangely.

"Aren't you Fernanda's sister?" She asked with a small prick of uncertainty.

"Yea," I responded, curiosity bonding me to my thoughts.

She knew my sister?
Did my sister know her?
Are they on good terms?

"I'm June," she said, "Jessie's my older sister and she's a close friend of Fern."

"Fern? You mean Fernanda, right?"

"Yea, sure..." June replied awkwardly.

A long moment of silence passed between us. Not an awkward one, but an unsure one.

"I saw what happened. Are you going back to the dance?" She asked.

"No."

"So you're going home?"

No comment for that.
Because for the first time in my life, I didn't want to go home.

"How about I take you somewhere?" She inquired.

"Errrr..." I wasn't sure if I should. I've heard stories of rapists and abusers but none of them ever started with an 8th grader who was barely taller than I was.

"C'mon I won't hurt you!" She said with a giggle.

It wasn't like I had any choice. At least, I felt I didn't.

"Alright." I finally said.

"Okay then, follow me!" She chimed.

I follow her out of the bathroom to the side of the school. The isolated student pick up line was in front of us. The black pavement didn't have a single car on it. June takes out a white shiny looking iPhone. I couldn't make out the generation, but it had to be the 4th or 5th. It was gorgeous, a luxury my parents would never give me until college was finished.

"Who are you calling?" I ask suspiciously.

"Jessie. She's going to pick us up."

I didn't know if this was a good thing or not. She seems like a good person and claims to know my sister. But then again, my sister isn't such a good person to know.

Within minutes, a white BMW pulls up along the student pick up line.

"There's our ride. Lets go."

I reluctantly follow her into the car. Trying to make out who the driver was.

A girl around Fernanda's age is at the wheel. She has long chestnut brown hair like June, except it has brown highlights. She has a very gorgeous face like June, except more womanly. She also has big brown eyes. The res

She turns around at June and I in the back seat and started talking.

"June this has better be important. The boys don't..." Her voice faded when she saw me. Her face watched me carefully.

"Who are you? Are you a friend of June?" She asked.

Before I could answer, June replied, "Her name is Laila. She's Fern's sister and I found her crying in the bathroom and decided to take her.

"S
"She doesn't want to go home anyways."

The girl looked at me. She laughed. "Haha, you've got Fern's blood for sure. She never wants to go home.

"Well, my name is Jessie. I'm Fern's friend. I'm going to go ahead and take you over to our place. You can talk to her about...whatever's happening. Sound good?"

I shrugged. Do what you want I thought. I didn't have the energy both physically and emotionally to make a decision. June nodded her head at my silence and Jessie drove off.

The car had a bunch of empty chip bags and under one seat was a navy high heel. This car definitely belonged to more than one person. More specifically a bunch of messy teenagers.

We reached a neighborhood of white condo complexes in a matter of minutes.

Jessie parks the car and gets out followed by June. I reluctantly step into the parking lot. I spot a brick wall with metallic letters and I strain my eyes to read it.

Clint-wood Condo's

We go up the steps of a nearby building that loomed over us. The inside of the building smelled of a strong damp scent and cigarettes. Every door was painted beige with a blue frame and numbers. The walls were made of bricks of all different shades of browns, reds, and blacks.

We walk up a set of stairs to the third level. Jessie stops at a door marked 153 in blue paint. She takes out a silver key from her jeans and shoves in the keyhole. The door creaks open eerily, unwelcoming to its new visitor.

What appears to be a small living room is stretched out in front of me. A flat screen T.V. is hung on the wall at the end of the room. A long blue couch was lacing around it with a rectangular black rug in the middle. A small white shelf stood under the T.V. holding DVDs, games consoles, stereos and more. The walls are a nice solid white. A big sliding glass door stood at the east of the living room which gives access to a balcony. The balcony has 2 small light blue chairs and a boom box in the corner.

The place looked like a condo from the modern home section of a magazine. I liked the era it gave.

I hear a bunch of laughter coming from a room just outside of the living room. I could tell that many people were there, at least 6 or 7.

"Laila, stay here. I don't want the boys or any of the girls to see you like this."

Boys? And what girls?

June and Jessie walk into a small hallway and leave me in the living room.

I stay on the couch. Waiting.

Waiting for a miracle.

---

Hey guys! It's been a while since I updated... And I'm afraid it will be a while until I update again.

Why?

Exams. Yes, they're here. I've been studying non stop. I promise I'll try to get on as often as I can, but it may be a while.

On another note, thanks for all your votes! It means so much <3 thanks for your support!

-SheCat_Mars