Starting Assignment BIO 1113
Complete this assignment with your answers in a blue font. That makes it easier for me to grade. (Please use a blue font for answers on all assignments in the class.) When you finish you should UPLOAD this to the drop box. Do not e-mail. Refer to the orientation on how to upload files if needed.
1. What is your name?
2. Why are you taking Online Biology?
3. What is the title and edition of the required textbook for the class? See the syllabus.
4. What 5 things are available to you under the Course Tab?
5. What can you find under the Calendar Tab?
6. What can you find under the Schedule Link? Click Lessons/Course Information/Schedule
7. Do you understand that NO POINTS will be given for late homework or postings.
8. What is found under the Lessons Tab?
9. Where do you find all the topics that will be on the test? Click on the Lessons Tab, then any of the 5 unit icons. There will be an icon that gives a detailed list of what you should know for a given unit test.
10. Which tab allows you to view the names of students in the class and also enables you to send and receive e-mail?
11. Where do you find links to the tutorials?
12. Where do you find the lectures for the course?
13. What type file format (doc, rtf, jpeg, gif, avi, etc) should you use when you save this file to be uploaded?
14. Academic dishonesty is copying another person’s work or allowing your work to be copied by another person. This applies to homework, labs, discussion postings, quizzes and unit tests. Do you understand that academic dishonesty is not tolerated and anyone involved in it will receive an F in the course?
15. There are two requirements to earn at least a C in the class. One is to have an overall average of 70% in the course. What is the other requirement? The answer is in the syllabus.
16. What are the due dates for the first test?
17. What are the due dates for the last test?
18. . What does the last paragraph of the Orientation mean to you? Lessons/Course Information/Orientation
19. Send an e-mail to your instructor to confirm that you know how to use the Angel e-mail function. Please do not use the occc.edu address.
20. Can you see this image?
If you cannot see the image you need to try another browser or reset your browser so it does not block images.
Be sure you SAVE a file before you open it. Don’t open and then save. When you save it first it is easier to access the file with your word processor.
Rename your completed file before you upload it. For example, the file you download may have a name such as: starting_assignment.rtf. After you type in your answers (in a blue font) rename it something such as: starting_assignment_ complete.rtf. That way you will not confuse the files and submit the file with no answers. It is also a good idea to open a file before you send it to make sure it is the file you want to send.