Chapter 2 (Tig POV)

Bobby and I tore off to the clubhouse. I’d developed a bad feeling about that girl, like maybe she was going to bring some shit to our door. Apparently our driving alerted the guys that something was up, because Jax, Opie, Clay, and Chibbs all were outside, waiting for us. Bobby and I killed the engines and hopped off, walking over to our brothers. Immediately, I launched into our story. “We just saw some broad driving through Charming on a Jackpot! A JACKPOT!”

The guys all looked interested. Clay stroked his chin, deep in thought. “Was she with anyone?” he asked after awhile.

Bobby and I shook our heads. “Not that we saw, anyway,” Bobby added. “We followed her to the supermarket.”

Jax looked at each of us. “It could be nothing. I mean, it’s not a law in Charming that you have to have a Harley.” He grinned. “Even if it should be a law.”

Everyone nodded, and Clay said, “Very true… But if it is something, we need to be on top of it. I think we should do a little research on this broad. Someone should tail her, get us all the information we can get, then get Juice to do more research.” After we all nodded in agreement, Clay decided it should be brought up to the club.

Twenty minutes later, the meeting was called to order. Most everyone sat there in confusion, especially Juice, who wasn’t really used to the meetings. Everyone quieted, and all attention was on Clay. Clearing this throat, he addressed the group. “Earlier today, it was brought to my attention by Bobby and Tig that there may be a new resident in Charming. A woman, who was seen driving a Victory Jackpot to the supermarket. It may not be anything, but we usually try to keep an eye on any suspicious people coming in and out of Charming. So, we’ll tail her, study her habits, and when we can find out a name, Juice will do more background searches. If we get even a small red flag, we need to deal with it right away. We have a big meet with the Irish coming up in about two weeks. The last thing we need is something on the home front developing.”

Jax spoke up. “I think we should split the detail. We need to know what her habits are, so someone will have to be watching her at all times. Problem is, she’s probably left the grocery store by now, so how are we going to find her?” He looked at each of us. “Any ideas?”

I spoke up. “Well, we could start by going to the intersection where we first seen and heard her. We know what direction she came from. We can back track from there.” I looked around, seeing everyone nodding. “It’s about all we can do for now, unless we were to wait until we happened to see her again.”

Clay leaned back in his chair. “That would take time that we don’t have. We need to nail down this broad before we have to deal with the Irish. We can’t have any distractions. So, Tig, try to see if you can locate this woman, and report back immediately. We’ll go from there. Meeting adjourned.”

Everyone dispersed after the gavel sounded, and I headed to my bike. It was up to me to start this. I needed to locate this girl and nail down an address. Putting on my helmet, I climbed onto my bike and started it. Thinking back, I remembered which intersection we’d been at, and took off. On the way there, I tried to remember which way we’d been coming from, and which way she’d come from. Pulling up to the stop sign, I turned and prepared myself. I would need to keep my eyes open now for any sign of the girl or her bike. I just hoped that she hadn’t come from a side street.

Halfway down the street, I saw a house with a sold sign in the yard. I hadn’t heard it was sold. Slowing down, I saw a green small pick-up parked in front of it, and a BLACK VICTORY PARKED IN THE DRIVEWAY! I’d found it! Cautiously, I drove down a block and turned around, parking so I could clearly see the house. I pulled out my cell phone and quickly called Clay.

“Yeah?” Clay answered on the second ring. He must have been waiting for my call.

“I found her. You know that house on 2nd Street that was for sale? Looks like she bought it. Sitting down a block, watching the house now.”

“Good. Stay and watch until five, then come back. I’ll have someone come and relieve you.”

“Right. I’m on it.” I hung up.

I sat and watched as the mystery hottie came walking out of the house and headed to the pick-up. She opened the passenger side doors and pulled out a couple suitcases. Setting them on the ground, she closed the doors and took the suitcases to the front step. Heading back to the truck, she opened the tailgate and started pulling out a couple more suitcases, which she deposited on the front step with the other two. Going back again, she started pulling some strange things out. Looking closer, I noticed that they were… baby items. She had a kid?

Sure enough, my question was answered. Old Mrs. Stevens, who was now her next door neighbor, came walking across the lawn, holding a kid in her arms. Seeing Mrs. Stevens with the baby, the woman stopped and was all smiles as she took the little girl from her. She exchanged words with Mrs. Stevens, said good bye, and carried the little girl inside.

She was inside for about twenty minutes, then reappeared, carrying in the suitcases and baby supplies. All was quiet afterwards. She never came back out. What a mysterious woman! Single mom with a motorcycle moves into Charming? Well, I don’t know for sure that she’s a single mom, but there hasn’t been a sign of a man at all. Interesting… If she proves to be just a new member of the Charming community, I may have to try my luck. Granted, I don’t really care for kids, but she was smokin’!

--------------------------

Finally five o’ clock rolled around. Chibbs came rolling up next to me, giving me a nod. Powering off his bike, he turned to me. “Any news, Tiggy boy?”

“She’s got a kid. No sign of a man, or anyone else. Looks to be just her and her daughter.” I gave the house one last look.

Chibbs turned and looked, too. “Daughter, eh? How old are we talkin’?”

“Toddler, man. I don’t know if she can even walk.”

Chibbs nodded. “Well, you’re supposed to get ye’ ass back to the clubhouse. Clay wants a report from ye’. Gemma will have a hot supper waitin’.”

Nodding, I thanked him, fired up my bike, and took off towards home. She was Chibbs’ trouble now.

-------------------------------

Arriving back at the clubhouse, I saw Jax in a heated discussion with Tara outside of the garage. For fuck’s sake, did those two ever stop? Didn’t seem like it lately. They saw me pull in, and as I shut off the bike and headed into the clubhouse, they both gave a wave. Returning it, I opened the door and went to find Clay.

He wasn’t hard to find. He was sitting in his chair in the board room, deep in thought. I gave a polite knock, and when he looked up, I took my spot next to him. We sat in silence for awhile before Clay spoke. “Well, anything to report?”

I sighed, rubbing my eyes. “She seems to live in the house alone with her daughter. Daughter is a toddler. I don’t even think she can walk yet. Something still feels a little off about her, Clay. I just don’t know what it is.”

Clay nodded. “Well, we just started our surveillance. We’ll give it a little time, see what happens. We’ll send someone into the courthouse tomorrow to see if we can locate the public record of the purchase of the house. That will give us a name.”

I nodded. “Sounds good. We can get Juice on a background check right away, then, right?”

Clay nodded. “Well, Tig, good work so far. Gemma said she was making you supper. Head towards the kitchen. You’ll probably be on afternoon watch again tomorrow.”

“Sounds good to me, boss. See ya later.” I dismissed myself and went to look for my hot supper.