12: I Look Like a Peruvian Puff Pepper

A/N: Sorry for the lateness of this update! Lots of things came up, but I finally managed to sit down and write the next chapter for this story.

Also, since I'm doing BeNoWriMo (basically a belated NaNoWriMo) this month and focusing on another story, Idiot For Hire will be put on hold for this month. I'll return to it next month. 

Anyways. Yeah. That's it. Enjoy! 

***

Idiot For Hire

Chapter 12: I Look Like a Peruvian Puff Pepper

“You want me to make you a face mask?” Nathan asked, a wary expression crossing his face. “Me. With my own two hands.”

“It’s not rocket science,” I said, rolling my eyes. “The recipe is on that sheet of paper I gave you. All you have to do is follow instructions and mix together a few ingredients. I think even you can manage that.”

“Yeah, but—wouldn’t it be better if you bought one that was already prepared? That sounds easier. And safer.”

“Store-bought ones make me break out. That recipe makes my favorite face mask, and it does wonders for my skin. I’m not budging on this, Nathan.”

He let out a loud sigh and dejectedly looked down at the sheet of paper I’d given him. “Alright, fine. I’ll be back in a little.”

With that, he trudged out of my room and headed downstairs. My guess was that he was running straight to Trish for help. Like I said, it wasn’t rocket science, but this was Nathan we were talking about, after all, and he’d proved time and time again that he wasn’t the brightest crayon in the box. Trish wasn’t much better, but she’d made my face mask before and hadn’t screwed it up, so I figured it would be fine. Trish would be there to stop a disaster from occurring if Nathan made a mistake.

I started surfing the web on my phone as I waited for Nathan to come back, cringing at the press I’d been receiving lately. The latest article written about me didn’t surprise me, but it didn’t make me happy, either.

Did Adriana Martella Cheat on Boyfriend Mitch Evans?

The sound of jaws dropping could be heard throughout the fashion world last Friday. After an unfortunate outfit mishap backstage, 17 year-old model Adriana Martella found herself without an escort for Lawrence Gallagher’s prom centerpiece. And who better to step up than Adriana’s uber-cute and uber-loyal new assistant, 21 year-old Nathan Byers?

The former USC point guard surprised Adriana onstage and saved her from having to walk down that runway alone—but that’s not all he did. While the duo stopped to pose at the end of the runway, Nathan took Adriana into his arms and twirled her around. It felt like our senior prom all over again!

“I was sitting front row when it all happened,” an anonymous source gushed to Hollywood Tonight after the show. “It was so sweet. He pulled her closer and said, ‘You’ll never be alone. Not if I can help it.’ I thought I was gonna pass out! It was so cute.”

We’re starting to see why Adriana hired this guy!

As if we weren’t already swooning over this guy’s sweetness, he decided to take things to the next level—he dipped Adriana and kissed her right on the lips. It felt like a moment right out of a movie.

Excuse us while we continue to swoon!

But cute movie-moments don’t come without rumors, and Adriana’s facing a lot of them right now. We bet her hottie movie-star boyfriend, Mitch Evans, isn’t too happy with what he’s hearing, and we’re sure he’s definitely not happy with what he saw on that runway!