Part 13

*So I'm not sure how many of you are still reading this...Thanks if you still are :)*

I regained consciousness, this time in a completely different room, on my feet. I barely had time to understand what was going on before I noticed the expressions on Pete and Andy's face. Both were looking at me in horror and shock, I didn't understand why. Everything was so confusing, how did I get here? Where exactly was here? And where was Joe, if Pete and Andy were stood in front of me? I watched Andy's eyes wander from me, to something next to me, I followed his gaze. Some of my questions were now answered, but I wasn't sure if that was a good thing.

There, next to me, Joe's body was lying motionless, with his eyes wide open. It took me a moment to take it all in, to understand what exactly had happened. Then, it clicked. I could hear sirens coming from the distance and tears started to fall. Looking over to the others I could see that they too, were both shocked, tears were forming in Andy's eyes. I didn't want to live anymore. I'm sure the guys would hate me forever, I sure do. My knees couldn't take it anymore, I fell to the floor, next to Joe's body, crying. The sobs just starting exploding out of me as rivers started to fall from my eyes. How could I do this!? Why!? The only things I could feel right now were hate, pain and shame. I'd let them all down from the moment I stepped out the door.

Someone burst through the door and, within only seconds of their presence, I knew immediately that it was the police.

"Put your weapons down and get up with your hands above you!" These barked orders seemed so far away inside my head. The pain of losing him seemed to throb in my ears, blur my surroundings.

"Do it now or we'll shoot!" His voice seemed different this time, a lot clearer. Finally understanding the seriousness of the situation I got to my feet, tears still streaming down my face.

"Put your weapon down!!" I raised my hands. I had no weapon, what were they talking about? But then, as my hand got higher, I could feel the weight of the metal again. Of course, how could I forget my mutated limb?

The men cocked their guns, ready to shoot, but Pete jumped in and started speaking to the guy who had spoken. The more Pete spoke, the closer the man studied me. His dark, beady eyes examining every little detail upon me. As if I were an animal, being sized up to make someone's next meal. Pete stopped talking and then the guy nodded. Immediately the men with guns lowered their weapons and pinned me to the wall, holding my hands behind my back. I didn't resist, there was no point.

"You are being arrested with the suspicion of murder of Joseph Mark Trohman. Do not speak, anything you say can and will be held against you..." As they started to escort me out of the room his words were just becoming background noise. I took my last opportunity to look back at Joe, which was a big mistake. I could see his body was still lead there, in the same position. This time Andy was leaning over him crying, Pete with his hand on his back, comforting him. I looked up at Pete's face to see that he was crying also but looking at me. Except, his face wasn't wearing the expression I thought it would be. It wasn't twisted in hatred, in fact, it was the opposite. His brows were frozen in an expression of concern and pain, which was understandable, but what was he concerned about? I'm not going to be able to kill them, they'll be safe.

The men, still gripping me tightly, carried me out to a police car. They shoved me in, even though I wasn't resisting to get in. It's where I belong anyway. Once I was in, and they were too, they started the engine and began to drive. Looking through the window as we drove away I could see Pete and Andy stumbling out of the hospital. No Joe. He's gone, forever, and it's my fault. The rivers started flowing from my eyes again at the pain in my chest. Is this what hell's like?