Goodbye

Walking out of the front door the sun was setting in the distance, slowly we walked towards his blue car. I walked slightly behind him, and admired the way the sun embraced his body as if it were trying to hold him so that he would stay in this moment. We were almost to his blue car now. He started walking faster, but as I walked slowly behind him it was as if his feet didn't touch the ground. He reached the car, and reaching out to the door handle stops abruptly. It was twilight, and the sounds of the world were lightly sleeping. My footsteps so gentle, each step planting light kis  ses on the ground. He stood there as I made my way towards him, unmoving, as if he were a statue in a museum. I place my hand on his back, and he turns slowly. It feels as if centuries have passed, and my heart was trying to claw its way through my lungs, tears away my muscles, and cut open my skin, just to merely glance at him. He whispers "I love you, but it's time for me to go," and my heart drops defeated onto the fresh pavement below me. He finally grabs the handle of the blue car, goes in and drives off. As the back of the blue car slowly eavaporates into the darkness that the sun set has brought, my heart has turned the once fresh pavement into a pavement of fresh unwanted memories.