Chapter 1: HELIX Oh-Two's first shin removal!

After a long day of patrolling the Plaza and sorts, I headed back to the Nexus to nest. Unbeknown, I have had someone in the emergency room awaiting his shins to be removed. Turns out his old city allowed him to be six feet and four inches. He’s easily been knocked out an hour ago, yet still lays still, blood still pouring out of his wounds from the beatings. I radio it in, and get a simple,

                       “Remove his shins. Haha.”

                I was bored, and it seemed like it needed to be done. So I had slowly crept into the MedBay, taking out some SLEEPY GAS from the closet, and had hooked it up to the regulator, when I had got it all figured out with the settings on the regulator, just two tubes and the nostrils, and I have assured he will not be awake during any part of this. So I begin, by getting out a couple of materials, and tools. An automatic bone saw, disinfectant, metal stitching, and some other things.

                The first part was easy, removing the layers of flesh, and having to preserve them in our freezer. Removing the shin, however, I knew this would be difficult. I would have to cut through tendons, and some muscle to get down enough to get to the joints. Now even this, was not the hardest part. Once I had successfully removed the muscle, tendons, and tissue, I had dispose of those of course, but I had gotten to the shins! How would I remove these, and be able to hook his knee join to his foot, after all this is the first time I’ve ever seen someone taller than me, other than the Oh-Three. So I had to begin, and I removed the shin with the automatic bone saw, absolutely no mess of the other bones, tendons, or joints, so far, so good.

                I had to modify his feet joints, but that was fairly simple. They were now functional, not as good as a shin. A bit unfortunate people grow to be so tall, but a duty is a duty. Which makes me wonder how the Oh-Three got into the Universal Union? Oh well, maybe for another time. Now, to hook up some artificial tissue and muscle to connect the skin back together. Just got to genetically modify some skin cells and standard muscle cells, bind them together under a microscope with the citizen’s genes and regular muscle, and bam. Duplication.

                The new muscle/tissue/tendon/skin mixture comes around to be three inches in length, eight inches in diameter, perfect fit for connecting the other skin back together. We’re done here! Woke him up the next morning, and he’s screaming his tiny lungs out. Lost his voice for a week, poor guy, now he gets made fun of whenever people see him. It is pretty comical, I haven’t seen him in a while though, might want to check the 45th.

Of course other precautions were in place during the procedure, but such knowledge is not needed for those reading.