cherry kisses

c h e r r y f i r e w o r k s - a n e w y e a r o n e - s h o t

_____________________________________________________________

o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o -

"Cherry cherry! Hurry up," replied the distant husky voice of Xander, as he rushes into the gold ornate room, making the wind wrap around his built shoulders and accelerating my heart as his familiar green twinkling eyes meet mine.

"Cherry, are you alright?" replies Xander, his baritone voice lined with the glint of amusement, as he watches me trip over my own feet, and firmly nose plant into the woollen carpet, my dirty blonde hair going awry as the heels and my dress crinkle up facing the carpet.

I meekly look up spotting Xander's fist on his mouth, his green as forest murk eyes and his golden sandy hair, his crinkled white shirt, embracing his built tan figure as his scuffed up black slacks, and sneakers, but the expression of his childish laughter continues as I bow my head down and groan to the floor.

My eyelashes flutter close, and my cheeks light up in embarrassment, as I look into my best friends face, remembering his laughter. His smirk drops, and he hesitatingly comes forward, holding a firm hand down, raising his eyes, and jutting out a moistened wet lip. "Sorry, best friend," as he pulls the infamous puppy dog face and the use of the word best friend causing my heart to break as I reluctantly grasp his hand and pull upwards seeing his face light up like the fireworks that are waiting to happen.

"Where do you want to go?" Xander asks, his tone dripping with curious wonder, his voice baritone and joy filled, like a cloud lifting upwards, filling my cheeks with its common warmth.

"Take me to the Lake,"

o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o -

The lake with what was once filled with the light of day, is now softened with the features of the night as the familiar chatter noises fade, and the view of the lake appears. The lake is still standing there, with its ever breaking small currents, and its soft breeze rattling the evergreen trees, fastened with the little soft snowflakes of winter.

Xander strives first for the lake, his natural authoritive figure firmly fastened, as he stops and gazes onto the Lake. Lake Summerfield was now filled with the glowing reflections of the brightening stars, and the soft reflection of the light side of the humming moon. Alexander and I met at this very lake, as I scraped my knee and he among his group of friends strode down to help a damsel in distress. His words, not mine.

There's just that hint of a smile, and an wonderstruck glint in his eyes as he slowly rotates his head back, his neck popping with every movement, and glazes at the billions of atomic stars, as they glint and wink back at him, the cold winter wind frapping the hillside which we stand on.

I didn't realize I followed him, until he tilted his head to the side, the awestruck expression on him as he gazes into my soul. Embarrased with my freckles lining the bridge of my nose, the dry crusty lips, and the cold pale cheeks, as I reach out and capture a strand which was flying freely in the wind, before tucking it in the edge of my ear and bowing my head down, before a firm finger filled with callouses of his experience, reaches in and tilts her head up to meet his determined gaze piercing my heart, as his calloused hand caresses my cheek, as his eyes darken and he murmurs, "You're beautiful," and my heart stops.

He's always done this, says I'm beautiful, and looks at me like I'm the most precious stone he's ever seen, but I've seen the way he treats girls, especially me being his best friend knows how it's like to see endless amounts of girls with tears streaming down their face as they run away from the talk they've had with Xander, as he stares down at them, stoic, unblinkingly. With which they then start cursing him out, and try yelling at him. Little did they know, he just wants to not have an emotional bond with them.

But as I gaze into his eyes and search for a lie in depth of the green forest, I find none, instead I stand there still, with my heart beating eccentrically, and my blood pulsing irregularly, but when he speaks the next words, my heart stops, my palms sweat, and my sense of life is lost. "I like someone," he murmurs, a white puff of hot breath clouding the air in which he breathed in.

My heart plummets to the side of the ground and I unlock his embrace, of which an arm rested lazily against my chest and I kick off my high heels, as it lands near the icy bond as I start sprinting, gasping at the sudden loss of air, as the tears mercilessly render into the cold frosty grass. Escape. Escape. I need to escape. As the Lake grows further away, and I don't spot the heartbroken pain stricken expression that lines his perfect features.

o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o -

I run back into the party, avoiding stares and gasps as they look at my heartbroken expression, as I drip into the house, with my hair drenched and splaying unattractively across my shoulders and back, as the brownish strands cling onto the desperate part of heat.

I stand in the bathroom, sobbing at the mirror reflection that greets me, as I wring a towel around my hair, tightening the wetness to spread across the towel.

Xander enters the Bathroom, a heartbroken look, but otherwise in the same state as me. He wraps his muscular arms around me and draws me close until my face is firmly tucked in the small curve of his pecs before a countdown reigns before my head as the hallway echoes a countdown.

"10!" Xander looks at me.

"9!" He steps back.

"8!" He wraps an arm around me.

"7!" my heart beats irregularly.

"6!" He caresses my cheek softly.

"5!" His breath mixes into mine.

"4!" His nose touches mine, sending my flesh to heat up.

"3!" Sounds of skittering are found, as the lights flick out over the house.

"2!" 'The girl I like is you,' he murmurs.

"1!" His lips meet mine, and my eyes close automatically.

o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o - o/\o -

Happy New year To everyone! This is dedicated to thatCRGirl for writing the best book in history!

Ah and it's also dedicated to berceuses for making this gorgeous cover <3 Thank you!

and make sure you listen to the song on the side :') so bootyful and fitting :')

Thank you for making me reach 1K in ANH <3!

{my cherry symbol for the chapter ribbon is very creative ;)}

xoxo Alex

HAPPY NEW YEARS!