My Last Note

To my Abigail,

I'm sorry I have to do this, but I can't take it anymore. I hurt you, Abby, and I can't forgive myself for that.

It started about a week ago. I lost control, Abby. You might not already know, this, but... I killed someone. An innocent weapon girl, who did nothing to hurt me. I ate her soul, Abby. I couldn't contain myself, something that is unforgivable. I wish I could go back in time, stop myself before it came to this. But I know that's impossible.

And then, only a few days ago...

We were walking together, alone. I don't know exactly what you saw of me, but I know that I was having difficulties controlling myself then, as well. Your soul looked so delicious, Abby. I'm so, so sorry. I couldn't pay attention to you, I was so absorbed in myself. In my own madness...

I couldn't resist. With your back turned, I made my attack. I tried to reach for your soul, but you tripped and fell before I could take it. I didn't even think about catching you, so absorbed was I in my madness. You hit the ground with a sickening crack, your delicate head thudding against hard, cold pavement. I didn't even care, Abby! 

I reached down to your limp unconscious form on the pavement, ready and willing to rip soul from body. I would have done so, if I hadn't briefly come to my senses. Panicking, I tried to pick you up, and failed. The madness was just too strong now. I dropped you again, injuring you further. I'm so sorry, Abigail. this time I had the nerve to hold your soul, in my hand. I would have taken it from you, too, if it hadn't been for your brother, Benjamin, rounding the corner. I snapped out of it and helped him carry you home, but I stayed distant. What had I done!? I might have permanently hurt you! This was an unforgivable crime.

We managed to transport you to the Dispensary, where Nurse Clara treated you. I stayed away from you, for fear of hurting you any further. I watched out the window, eyes glazed over with anguish, and a twinge of madness still left behind. Eventually you awakened, bandages wrapped tightly around your forehead from my mistake.

"J-Jameston?" I heard your sweet voice whisper, and I could barely stand it. The guilt was absolutely overwhelming. I heard your dainty footsteps behind me, coming towards me to figure out what was wrong. I felt the gentle brush of your hand on my shoulder,and that's what tipped me over the edge.

I tried to jump out the window, and succeeded. However, I never felt the impact of the cold, hard ground, as you had felt. At the last moment you had used your power over me as a host, to return me to my rightful place, encased in the Demon Eye forced onto you. I had always been a burden to you, I knew. No matter what you said, I always believed that I had cursed your life, not graced it. And in the moments leading up to that one, I knew my predictions had come true.

There was nothing I could do to ease your burden, but leave your life.

I know it's for the best, dear Abigail. So please don't try to stop me.

By the time you read this note, I'll be gone. Wiped from this world like a stubborn black stain upon your blameless life.

Goodbye, Abby. For the last time, my dearest.

I love you, always.

-Jameston the Demon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my first attempt writing from the point of view of a character who isn't mine! Jameston belongs to @EbonyFlowers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~