She never knew what to do, she didn’t want to continue to look at the screen but at the same time she didn’t want to look away and make it obvious that she was embarrassed. Zach and Luca just laughed through the scene and Megan heard Zach comment on what a nice body the actress had. Nat and Alex just turned to each other in their corner and were discussing something. Just when Megan thought the scene would never stop, it finally did, and Megan straightened up a little bit. She hoped no one noticed her discomfort.

            The rest of the movie was great, and thankfully there weren’t any more scenes similar to the previous one. When the movie ended Megan was genuinely tired, so she didn’t really have to pretend to be for Zach’s sake.

            “That was a good movie, let’s play a board game and you kids can tell me all about what’s going on in your lives.” Nat sat up and leaned against the arm of the couch.

Megan felt extremely guilty, but she promised Zach and she was honestly beat.

“Mom,” she started, “You know I love talking to you, but I was up late last night studying and the ride back so do long that even though I didn’t do anything I feel drained. Is it okay if I just go to bed early tonight? I promise I will catch you up on life tomorrow night.”

“Oh honey, of course go sleep. We have all of break to catch up.” Nat reassured her daughter, even though she was a little disappointed, she wanted to spend the night talking but she understood that her daughter was tired.

“I think I’m gonna hit the hay too mom, I am pretty beat as well.” Zach yawned. Megan couldn’t tell if it was a real yawn or a pretend one to convince her parents.

“Me too Aunt Nat. Sorry, I would love to stay and chat, but I’m afraid I’m so exhausted that I won’t be much company.” Luca looked straight at Nat and she could tell the boy was really sorry.

“Okay then, we’ll call it a night. Nat and I could definitely use some sleep too, as she was up all night worrying about you kids driving in the snow.” Alex put an arm around his wife and smiled down at her. He knew she was looking forward to have family time with all of them, but they will just have to do it tomorrow. Besides Alex was glad to be going to bed early, not that he didn’t enjoy the company of his children, but he had a conference call he had to take early in morning so he needed to catch up on the sleep he lost the night before.

Megan went and gave both her parents a hug. “Sleep well,” she whispered to both of them then to her mom, “make sure you take your antibiotics.”

“I will sweetheart; you don’t have to remind me every night you know. That’s what this man here is for.” Nat patted her husband’s chest and smiled up at him.

Megan looked back and forth between her parents and smiled, she wanted that kind of love. She wanted to find a man that would love her the way her parents loved each other.

Zach gave his parents a hug and stepped back, then slung a heavy arm across Megan’s shoulder, “Ready to head upstairs?” he asked looking down at his sister who at 5 feet 7 inches was 6 inches shorter than him.

“Yep,” she nodded and pulled the blanket that she was still wrapped up in, closer making only her fingers stick out.

Luca kissed Nat on her cheek and gave Alex a pat on the back, “Sleep well, thank you for wonderful dinner and for letting me stay here over break. I must admit it would have been pretty lonely to be all by myself at home.”

“Lucas, you are part of this family son. Nat and I would never have let you spend the holidays alone, especially in that enormous house of yours. You know you are always welcome here and we love having you here. You keep Zach from getting into too much trouble.” Alex gave Zach a smirk before looking back at Luca.